Handling spam in 'about' section

cmeinck

I've got an array of spam tools. XenUtils does a great job of finding spam in the 'About' section, but it would be great if we could simply remove the privilege of posting links there.

I get this sort of spam all day, every day.

Screen Shot 2012-11-25 at 10.25.58 PM.webp

I've got an array of spam tools. XenUtils does a great job of finding spam in the 'About' section, but it would be great if we could simply remove the privilege of posting links there.

I get this sort of spam all day, every day.

View attachment 37317

Just had one of these. He was under the name of JohnnyCash and the IP was 120.70.91.70. Love the way they fill their profile.

The only thing I can suggest for now is XenUtils profile spam finder.

Thanks. That's what I use daily, but it's time consuming across multiple forums. This is what I see every day. Would love a way to stop them dead in their tracks.

Screen Shot 2012-11-27 at 9.22.54 AM.webp

What I did was remove each one of those "about" spam. Some spammers use them, others use signatures, others use "information" field, and whatnot. I remove them, and ban the spammer. I think about the future when I do this, I don't want to import and having to re-do all the spam proceedures if I have to import this site over...

That's the way I think.

Just look at each profile, and not paying attention to the xenUtilies. Some of my legit users use the status update system, and sometimes they get into the same moderation system as xenUtilies. I would just be cool, and if I find the spam in places I don't want the spam to be found...I just remove them and ban. That's it.

I'm getting more and more of these every day.
I'm picking off a user every day but I'd like to prevent it completely, I have the sonnb mod and keycaptcha, should I add something else?

They aren't able to post because of my other mods but I don't like showing banned users on the site everyday in my "who's been here today" block. :)

Top Bottom