Hamburger menu no longer works, and no more sticky sidebar?

Max Taxable

Here at your site only, on my mobile I can't get the hamburger menu to do anything and also now for some reason the navbar isn't sticky. Noticed this the last couple of days. Not having these issues on other xf-powered sites I visit.

Older Android, UA is:
uastring.webp

Also, I cannot start new threads here via my mobile, the text editor doesn't work at all. Had to go to my PC to start this thread.

@Brogan reported something similar.

Seemed to be caused by caching issues. I'll try to force refresh the JS cache buster here but clearing your browser cache will probably sort it if not.

Cleared browser cache, still no Joy. Did it again, no love at all.

Logged in with my mobile chrome browser and all is good. Did you all do a recent update? If so it doesn't like my dinosaur default browser. Might show up for some other people too when that update is pushed out.

Older Android, UA is:
uastring.jpg
Dinosaur default browser being Chrome 38 on Android 6? Or would I be right in saying it's the actual default browser that shipped with the device but based on an old Chrome version? Because even on Android 6 you can use Chrome 92.

Just trying to figure out what the browser actually is. I might be able to test it and figure out what caused it.

Or would I be right in saying it's the actual default browser that shipped with the device but based on an old Chrome version?
I think the default browser shipped with the phone is mobile safari, it's an LG Stylo. Chrome is also available and I do use it sometimes.

The original LG Stylo?

Awkward Episode 1 GIF by The Office

Obviously we don't like breaking browser stuff mid-release cycle (even for ancient devices) so I will backtrack through our changes to see what may be the cause.

Do the issues only exist on the same page where there is an editor or is it on any page?

And after further playing with it, it's ALL js functions missing. I click on a username? I just go straight to the profile page. No user card. I click on my avatar thumb in navbar? Taken straight to preferences.
Just for fun I go into chrome where everything is still working, disable JavaScript and am able to reproduce exact conditions I'm experiencing on my default browser.

Hope this helps.

I'm not particularly surprised given your experience here but I wasn't able to reproduce it, not even by using some very old mobile browsers, though potentially not quite as old as yours.

XF may simply no longer support your old browser so we'd recommend using latest Chrome going forward.

If there is such a thing - which I doubt - and you can get error logs out of the console in the developer tools of the browser then that will help us identify the specific code that caused it. But we didn't add or change anything that was unreasonable or particularly modern or not expected to work on very old browsers so we're working a little blind here unfortunately and it might just simply be time to not use 7 year old browsers.

Well. It's not like I haven't been looking at new phones anyway. I've had this one a little over five years, that's a pretty long run with one device.

Thanks for looking it over. Using chrome where/when needed until new phone chosen.

Top Bottom