[HA] XFMG Categories Layouts

[HA] XFMG Categories Layouts 1.5.2

No permission to download
Hi Dadparvar, are you able to make a featured category on top instead of featured resource? I think some users may want a quick access to a featured child category that is not the parent category.

Hi Dadparvar, are you able to make a featured category on top instead of featured resource? I think some users may want a quick access to a featured child category that is not the parent category.
Good idea. But Feature Category is not an option for XFRM (nor my add-on). So that would need custom development to add that functionality. When that be done, then it can be added as new feature.
(at this moment I have no plan to add feature to free add-ons freely as there are some important events in my personal and professional life which are making my busy these days. and there are couple of works from customers that need to be finished soon. Anyway you can submit this suggestion here so that I don't forget it)

Love the look of this -- very nice.

One concern:
I have a couple dozen categories and it looks great on the top of the media gallery homepage. Under the categories on the media gallery homepage is shown new media, categories on top and new media under it. The problem is that the new media section has a page navbar Page1 Page2 Page 3 >>, and when clicking through to page 2, 3, 4 etc. the categories show at the top of each of those pages and so the "different" content of page 2 3 and 4 is below the fold and the above-the-fold is all categories which are exactly the same on page 2, 3 and 4 and so on.

Is there a way to only show the new category section on the top of
/media/

and not on
/media/?page=2
/media/?page=3
/media/?page=4

Last edited:
Love the look of this -- very nice.

One concern:
I have a couple dozen categories and it looks great on the top of the media gallery homepage. Under the categories on the media gallery homepage is shown new media, categories on top and new media under it. The problem is that the new media section has a page navbar Page1 Page2 Page 3 >>, and when clicking through to page 2, 3, 4 etc. the categories show at the top of each of those pages and so the "different" content of page 2 3 and 4 is below the fold and the above-the-fold is all categories which are exactly the same on page 2, 3 and 4 and so on.

Is there a way to only show the new category section on the top of
/media/

and not on
/media/?page=2
/media/?page=3
/media/?page=4
Hi,

That should be possible using a conditional. (these days I'm so busy and that is why I'm not active for a couple of days. I can't update add-ons for some days. But I'll take a look at this when I find some free time, asap. Anyway, Brogan has a resource teaching how to use conditionals. You may find it useful to get what you want.)

Thank you!

Edited dad_MgCatLayout_grid

Wrapped entire template with
<xen:if is="!{$page}">
</xen:if>

I like this addon, I installed on my current XenForo 1.5.13 version, but nothing appears in the ACP. I am using the default theme.
Please confirm if this addon works for XenForo 1.5.13 and for the default theme? Or do I need another addon or something to use this addon?

I like this addon, I installed on my current XenForo 1.5.13 version, but nothing appears in the ACP. I am using the default theme.
Please confirm if this addon works for XenForo 1.5.13 and for the default theme? Or do I need another addon or something to use this addon?
It works perfectly in latest version of XF and XFMG.

Can you add more detail please? After installing, did you set any icon for any category? Nothing is added at all?

It works perfectly in latest version of XF and XFMG.

Can you add more detail please? After installing, did you set any icon for any category? Nothing is added at all?
I installed without any error. and I can see addon is enabled but I can not see any option in ACP when I go to Applications or Appearance nothing there related to this addon

I installed without any error. and I can see addon is enabled but I can not see any option in ACP when I go to Applications or Appearance nothing there related to this addon
Read resource's description and see its attached images, to see where things are added.

anyway, to save time, check these things:
  • in order to add icon or image to a xfmg category, edit category and next to save button, click Icon button to see the form. (see this)
  • in order to change the style of it, use add-on's style properties (see this)
  • in order to change option, use add-on's options (see this)

Read resource's description and see its attached images, to see where things are added.

anyway, to save time, check these things:
  • in order to add icon or image to a xfmg category, edit category and next to save button, click Icon button to see the form. (see this)
  • in order to change the style of it, use add-on's style properties (see this)
  • in order to change option, use add-on's options (see this)
The problem is I can not see even the options, see my ACP
1.webp

The problem is I can not see even the options, see my ACP
View attachment 152943
:cautious:

Let me ask another question: Do you have the XFMG add-on at all? That is an official add-on that adds a Gallery to your xenforo. (like this part)
That add-on is not mine. The XFMG is an official add-on. You can purchase it from your customer area in xenforo.
(when you have that add-on, then my add-on, i mean this add-on that we are talking in, will change its categories to the way you see here )

:cautious:

Let me ask another question: Do you have the XFMG add-on at all? That is an official add-on that adds a Gallery to your xenforo. (like this part)
That add-on is not mine. The XFMG is an official add-on. You can purchase it from your customer area in xenforo.
(when you have that add-on, then my add-on, i mean this add-on that we are talking in, will change its categories to the way you see here )
Hahaha that is what I asked in my first post, do I need another plugin or something. No I do not have XFMG , so that is paid and after that I can use your addon. Now I understand. Thanks a lot for your time, sorry I am new here so a bit lost :(

Hahaha that is what I asked in my first post, do I need another plugin or something. No I do not have XFMG , so that is paid and after that I can use your addon. Now I understand. Thanks a lot for your time, sorry I am new here so a bit lost :(
No worries. That is normal when you are new in something. Soon you will be a pro here ;)

Yes first you need XFMG and then you can use my free add-on to make it beautiful.

(usually when an add-on has requirement so that you need to first install another thing and then use the add-on, resource owner fill the "Additional Requirements" field in resource description page. in similar cases, looking for this field can help you know if the add-on needs another add-on or no. Although sometimes resource owners forget to fill it. That also is normal)

Attachments

• ar.webp
    ar.webp
    58.6 KB · Views: 3
No worries. That is normal when you are new in something. Soon you will be a pro here ;)

Yes first you need XFMG and then you can use my free add-on to make it beautiful.

(usually when an add-on has requirement so that you need to first install another thing and then use the add-on, resource owner fill the "Additional Requirements" field in resource description page. in similar cases, looking for this field can help you know if the add-on needs another add-on or no. Although sometimes resource owners forget to fill it. That also is normal)
oh yeah, now its fully clear and I learned :) thank you SO MUCH once again bro

Hello,

I have this error during install :

Code:
An exception occurred: dad_MgCatLayout.css - Ligne 67: Correspondance de l'expression invalide in /var/www/xxx/forums/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler.php on line 991

XenForo_Template_Compiler->getNewCompilerException() in XenForo/Template/Compiler/Function/Calc.php at line 189
XenForo_Template_Compiler_Function_Calc->_parseMathExpression() in XenForo/Template/Compiler/Function/Calc.php at line 55
XenForo_Template_Compiler_Function_Calc->compile() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 700
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileFunction() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 576
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileSegment() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 509
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileSegments() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 372
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileParsed() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1601
XenForo_Model_Template->compileAndInsertParsedTemplate() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1379
XenForo_Model_Template->compileTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1329
XenForo_Model_Template->compileNamedTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1268
XenForo_Model_Template->compileAllTemplates() in XenForo/Deferred/Template.php at line 36
XenForo_Deferred_Template->execute() in XenForo/Deferred/Atomic.php at line 66
XenForo_Deferred_Atomic->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 429
XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 352
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract::hasManualDeferredToRun() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 131
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 637
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/xxx/forums/admin.php at line 13

Thanks for your help :)

Hello,

I have this error during install :

Code:
An exception occurred: dad_MgCatLayout.css - Ligne 67: Correspondance de l'expression invalide in /var/www/xxx/forums/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler.php on line 991

XenForo_Template_Compiler->getNewCompilerException() in XenForo/Template/Compiler/Function/Calc.php at line 189
XenForo_Template_Compiler_Function_Calc->_parseMathExpression() in XenForo/Template/Compiler/Function/Calc.php at line 55
XenForo_Template_Compiler_Function_Calc->compile() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 700
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileFunction() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 576
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileSegment() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 509
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileSegments() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 372
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileParsed() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1601
XenForo_Model_Template->compileAndInsertParsedTemplate() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1379
XenForo_Model_Template->compileTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1329
XenForo_Model_Template->compileNamedTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1268
XenForo_Model_Template->compileAllTemplates() in XenForo/Deferred/Template.php at line 36
XenForo_Deferred_Template->execute() in XenForo/Deferred/Atomic.php at line 66
XenForo_Deferred_Atomic->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 429
XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 352
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract::hasManualDeferredToRun() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 131
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 637
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/xxx/forums/admin.php at line 13

Thanks for your help :)
May I know your XF version? is that older than 1.5.9?

Yes : 1.5.7
Would you have a version of your add-on working on this xf version ?
Not sure when I'll be able to update it (I'm busy these days. And as I find free time, I update addons. There are some other addons on the list that I have plan to update)

But you can watch the resource to get alert when anything happens.

Top Bottom