[HA] XFMG Categories Layouts

[HA] XFMG Categories Layouts 1.5.2

No permission to download

Dadparvar

Dadparvar submitted a new resource:

[HA] XFMG Categories Layouts - Show XFMG Categories in a very new and attractive way

Hi,

With this add-on, you can show XFMG Categories in a very new and attractive way.

Features:
  • Complete Style Properties to Customize every aspects
  • Icon Chooser (Font Awesome + Glyphicon)
  • Image Uploader
Description:
  • In each Category of XFMG you can Choose to set Icon or Image.
  • Icons can be set using a nice icon chooser from a long list of font awesome and glyphicon...

Read more about this resource...

Hey @Dadparvar,

Thanks for sharing this! I've not been happy with how XFMG looks for a long time now, and this goes some way to making it more attractive and user-friendly.

If anyone wants to hide categories from showing on the Media page for any reason, for example to not show sub-categories, you can use the following CSS, replacing "1" with the category number:

Code:
.category.simple.category-1 { display: none !important; }

One suggestion I would put forward is to maybe have an optional title to separate "Categories" and "Media", as if you are not careful with your icon selections it can look a little confusing.

Thanks again! :)

One suggestion I would put forward is to maybe have an optional title to separate "Categories" and "Media", as if you are not careful with your icon selections it can look a little confusing.
you mean adding a title bar above the list of Categories like this?
xfmg-title.webp

If anyone wants to hide categories from showing on the Media page for any reason, for example to not show sub-categories, you can use the following CSS, replacing "1" with the category number:
Thanks for helping others to get what they may need.

I also may add an option to hide Categories List from sidebar for next update.

you mean adding a title bar above the list of Categories like this?
View attachment 147066

Yes, that would be awesome. I wonder if a similar bar needs to be added below the categories to title the gallery thumbnails section too. I'm not sure how that would look with the current sort / filter bar though, unless it was added on the left of that bar.

It's not a big issue of course - again, I'm so happy with this - thanks!

Yes, that would be awesome. I wonder if a similar bar needs to be added below the categories to title the gallery thumbnails section too. I'm not sure how that would look with the current sort / filter bar though, unless it was added on the left of that bar.
Will see what will be the best choice, for the next update ;)

Would something like this be possible for the RM as well?
That surely is possible. But no plan for now. Some other works (that are requested by other customers) are on priority. Anyway I always like to make the site look nice. If you need it soon, you can continue talking about it in xen-pro in appropriate forum. And if you don't need it for now, you can wait until someone request it OR maybe I see what I can do after finishing current works that I have and are in progress.

Thanks a lot, @Dadparvar, this looks very nice!
I use (wanted to use) a diffent category listing add-on (to gain a similar look as PhotoPost Pro - not because it looks good, but the users are used to it ;)), but this one could really blow it away.

My xfmg has several dozens of categories, ordered hierachically within 2-5 levels. In current version of your add-on this means you get an endless page of teaser for all categores, sub-categories, sub-sub... aso. Unusable!

May I suggest few improvements?
  • simplest solution: option to hide all sub and sub-sub... categories, just display the first level - as mentioned above.
  • improvement: display images for next level just in that appropriate categories. So if it is main level 1, 2, 3 with sub-levels a, b, c within 3, hide a, b, c on index page but show them when opening 3. Same for deeper levels.
  • automatically take newest image which was uploaded by users in a gallery category as the teaser image of the category, if no image was uploaded by admin. This would make the teasers more interesting, because newly uploaded images in the gallery would refresh the teasers (if there was no image/icon set in apc). For video galleries this might be difficult, but for those galleries admin still could set an image in apc.

I have few more ideas but stop it here for now. ;) I am willing to donate or fund improvements. If this would be possible please just send me a sign.

And a question, please: how do I make all images the same height, even if uploaded images are not from same height? I tried style options for grid, image, row, cell - but if I upload vertical images they disturb the grid.
gallery.webp

THANK YOU!

Top Bottom