[HA] Users Years of Experience

[HA] Users Years of Experience 1.2.1

No permission to download
Quick suggestion! What if members had an option to add an image icon next to their experience years. Lets say they are a dancer and they have 5 years of experice, but then want to change professions. Would be cool to then change the years of experience with a cool icon next to it to show a change in career etc....

Quick suggestion! What if members had an option to add an image icon next to their experience years. Lets say they are a dancer and they have 5 years of experice, but then want to change professions. Would be cool to then change the years of experience with a cool icon next to it to show a change in career etc....
You can get what you want by adding a custom user field. Create a custom user field and then users can add image url in it.
then you only need to display it next to years of experience. which is simply a template modification.

You can get what you want by adding a custom user field. Create a custom user field and then users can add image url in it.
then you only need to display it next to years of experience. which is simply a template modification.
I have no idea of how to do that lol. Its ok tho i was just throwing a suggestion in the air

I have no idea of how to do that lol. Its ok tho i was just throwing a suggestion in the air
Because its no so useful feature, I think I won't add it to add-on. But if you really need it, ask it on forum and tomorrow I'll check here and if no one answered, I'll help you get it :)

find message_user_info in template modifications of the add-on. and edit it as you want. Now it shows the EXP above the user banners. You can edit it and make it to be displayed where ever you prefer using that template modification.
when i do that it edits the title everything i just want to edit where it says EXP and time and give it my own look

when i do that it edits the title everything i just want to edit where it says EXP and time and give it my own look
what do you mean exactly by " it edits the title everything"? you want "EXP: 11 MONTHS" to be displayed in another place. right? Then what I said is exactly what you need to do.

anyway, if you can't work with that template modification, simply disable it and put this peace of code somewhere (where you like) in "message_user_info" template:
Code:
<xen:include template="dad_cufd_message_user_info" />

what do you mean exactly by " it edits the title everything"? you want "EXP: 11 MONTHS" to be displayed in another place. right? Then what I said is exactly what you need to do.

anyway, if you can't work with that template modification, simply disable it and put this peace of code somewhere (where you like) in "message_user_info" template:
Code:
<xen:include template="dad_cufd_message_user_info" />
how would i add this css and make it look like this ?
Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]width: 151px;
[*]    padding: 4px 0px;
[*]    text-align: center;
[*]    border-radius: 3px;
[*]    font-size: 11px;
[*]    text-shadow: none;
[*]    text-transform: uppercase;
[*]    margin: 0 auto;
[*]    font-weight: 500;
[*]    background: #131313;
[*]    color: #00fa2f;
[*]    margin-right: 29px;
[*]    text-shadow: 0px 0px 8px #00fa2f;
[/hide]
[/LIST]

how would i add this css and make it look like this ?
Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]width: 151px;
[*]    padding: 4px 0px;
[*]    text-align: center;
[*]    border-radius: 3px;
[*]    font-size: 11px;
[*]    text-shadow: none;
[*]    text-transform: uppercase;
[*]    margin: 0 auto;
[*]    font-weight: 500;
[*]    background: #131313;
[*]    color: #00fa2f;
[*]    margin-right: 29px;
[*]    text-shadow: 0px 0px 8px #00fa2f;
[/hide]
[/LIST]
please open "dad_cufd_message_user_info" template, and take a look at it. if you are using the simple style of it (i mean you are not using the banner style of EXP) then you need to edit this part:
Code:
{xen:phrase dad_cufd_title}: {xen:helper dad_cufd, $user}
for example you can wrap it with span and then give it your own class, then add any property and value to your class (like the codes you wrote above)
So it will look like this:
Code:
<span class="pleasesearchbeforeask">{xen:phrase dad_cufd_title}: {xen:helper dad_cufd, $user}</span>
then your class will look like this:
Code:
.pleasesearchbeforeask {
    width: 151px;
    padding: 4px 0px;
    text-align: center;
    border-radius: 3px;
    font-size: 11px;
    text-shadow: none;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    margin: 0 auto;
    font-weight: 500;
    background: #131313;
    color: #00fa2f;
    margin-right: 29px;
    text-shadow: 0px 0px 8px #00fa2f;
    /* this level of customization is out of scope of support ;) */
}

(and if you are using the banner style, then it has style properties, and you can learn how to work with it by searching xf. as there are lots of tutorials)

please open "dad_cufd_message_user_info" template, and take a look at it. if you are using the simple style of it (i mean you are not using the banner style of EXP) then you need to edit this part:
Code:
{xen:phrase dad_cufd_title}: {xen:helper dad_cufd, $user}
for example you can wrap it with span and then give it your own class, then add any property and value to your class (like the codes you wrote above)
So it will look like this:
Code:
<span class="pleasesearchbeforeask">{xen:phrase dad_cufd_title}: {xen:helper dad_cufd, $user}</span>
then your class will look like this:
Code:
.pleasesearchbeforeask {
    width: 151px;
    padding: 4px 0px;
    text-align: center;
    border-radius: 3px;
    font-size: 11px;
    text-shadow: none;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    margin: 0 auto;
    font-weight: 500;
    background: #131313;
    color: #00fa2f;
    margin-right: 29px;
    text-shadow: 0px 0px 8px #00fa2f;
    /* this level of customization is out of scope of support ;) */
}

(and if you are using the banner style, then it has style properties, and you can learn how to work with it by searching xf. as there are lots of tutorials)
thank you for this and i am really sorry dude im just a newbie trying to learn new staff now i know how to add css to anything thanks bro you really helped showing me the span tag

Thank, one other thing is there anyway to have this presented on registration at all?
I didn't make it to also add it to registration form. and I think I don't have plan to add it (at least in near future. Tons of work remaining and I need to finish them all)

It seems that I am running the following error with this add on

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined property: XenForo_ControllerResponse_View::$redirectType - library/Dadparvar/customuserfielddate/Extends/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php:17
Generated By: Bluehighways, Today at 4:23 PM
Stack Trace

#0 /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/library/Dadparvar/customuserfielddate/Extends/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php(17): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined prope...', '/var/www/client...', 17, Array)
#1 /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Dadparvar_customuserfielddate_Extends_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->actionPersonalDetailsSave()
#2 /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(57) "https://www.triumphtalk.com/account/personal-details-save"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(15) {
    ["status"] => string(0) ""
    ["gender"] => string(4) "male"
    ["dad_cufd"] => string(16) "2027/04/03 07:20"
    ["location"] => string(19) "Southern California"
    ["occupation"] => string(7) "Retired"
    ["homepage"] => string(0) ""
    ["custom_fields"] => array(9) {
      ["real_name"] => string(4) "Paul"
      ["state_province"] => string(2) "CA"
      ["country"] => string(3) "USA"
      ["how_did_you_find_us"] => string(4) "Link"
      ["emergency_contact_informa"] => string(0) ""
      ["my_bike"] => string(15) "1971 Bonneville"
      ["other_bikes"] => string(78) "2015 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited
2013 Honda Goldwing
2007 Kawasaki KLR 650"
      ["modifications_done_on_my_"] => string(0) ""
      ["other_information_about_m"] => string(0) ""
    }
    ["custom_fields_shown"] => array(9) {
      [0] => string(9) "real_name"
      [1] => string(14) "state_province"
      [2] => string(7) "country"
      [3] => string(19) "how_did_you_find_us"
      [4] => string(25) "emergency_contact_informa"
      [5] => string(7) "my_bike"
      [6] => string(11) "other_bikes"
      [7] => string(25) "modifications_done_on_my_"
      [8] => string(25) "other_information_about_m"
    }
    ["about_html"] => string(11) "<p><br></p>"
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(52) "https://www.triumphtalk.com/account/personal-details"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["save"] => string(12) "Save Changes"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(25) "/account/personal-details"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

It seems that I am running the following error with this add on

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined property: XenForo_ControllerResponse_View::$redirectType - library/Dadparvar/customuserfielddate/Extends/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php:17
Generated By: Bluehighways, Today at 4:23 PM
Stack Trace

#0 /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/library/Dadparvar/customuserfielddate/Extends/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php(17): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined prope...', '/var/www/client...', 17, Array)
#1 /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Dadparvar_customuserfielddate_Extends_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->actionPersonalDetailsSave()
#2 /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(57) "https://www.triumphtalk.com/account/personal-details-save"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(15) {
    ["status"] => string(0) ""
    ["gender"] => string(4) "male"
    ["dad_cufd"] => string(16) "2027/04/03 07:20"
    ["location"] => string(19) "Southern California"
    ["occupation"] => string(7) "Retired"
    ["homepage"] => string(0) ""
    ["custom_fields"] => array(9) {
      ["real_name"] => string(4) "Paul"
      ["state_province"] => string(2) "CA"
      ["country"] => string(3) "USA"
      ["how_did_you_find_us"] => string(4) "Link"
      ["emergency_contact_informa"] => string(0) ""
      ["my_bike"] => string(15) "1971 Bonneville"
      ["other_bikes"] => string(78) "2015 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited
2013 Honda Goldwing
2007 Kawasaki KLR 650"
      ["modifications_done_on_my_"] => string(0) ""
      ["other_information_about_m"] => string(0) ""
    }
    ["custom_fields_shown"] => array(9) {
      [0] => string(9) "real_name"
      [1] => string(14) "state_province"
      [2] => string(7) "country"
      [3] => string(19) "how_did_you_find_us"
      [4] => string(25) "emergency_contact_informa"
      [5] => string(7) "my_bike"
      [6] => string(11) "other_bikes"
      [7] => string(25) "modifications_done_on_my_"
      [8] => string(25) "other_information_about_m"
    }
    ["about_html"] => string(11) "<p><br></p>"
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(52) "https://www.triumphtalk.com/account/personal-details"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["save"] => string(12) "Save Changes"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(25) "/account/personal-details"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}
can you help me reproduce it? (I checked it now and changed the value and saved it. and it worked for me with no error)
what xf version you are also using?

Top Bottom