[HA] Read Thread Enforcement

[HA] Read Thread Enforcement 1.0.0

No permission to download
What that addon has that my addon doesn't? It just has a permission to bypass, and because my addon has group selector, it doesnt need it anymore.
Anything else?
I may have been referring to the old vBulletin functionality that Ragtek created. Specifically the timer setting -- that I mentioned earlier -- before members are allowed to click out of the thread would be an interesting addition. Similar to the XF registration timer that says, "(Please wait 10 seconds.)" and counts down before a member is allowed to register:
boop.gif

Also perhaps the addition of an optional "I agree..." type prompt would be nice.
Just suggestions that I hope you'll consider. It would be nice to see the same functionality in your add-on regardless of the other really nice features. Thanks.

totally off topic I realize but would you really trust anything they produce anyways?
Nope.

J.

I may have been referring to the old vBulletin functionality that Ragtek created. Specifically the timer setting -- that I mentioned earlier -- before members are allowed to click out of the thread would be an interesting addition. Similar to the XF registration timer that says, "(Please wait 10 seconds.)" and counts down before a member is allowed to register. It would be nice to see the same functionality in your add-on regardless of the other really nice features. Thanks.
Will see what I can do for next versions.
Thanks for the explain.

Will see what I can do for next versions.
Thanks for the explain.
Thank you! I've just edited my above post to show a screencap and added another suggestion as well. I hope you'll consider them - but really wanted to say thanks for the share. It's a brilliant add-on and I'm sure is very much appreciated by the community. Cheers from Tennessee.

J.

I have tried to set it up like this

upload_2017-2-18_10-16-54.webp

Of course Thread ID 29 and the Document ID 29 are not the same.
I want to enforce reading the Document ID 29 but when I do this the User is still blocked. Is this, because Documents is an AddOn?
Is there a way to make this work?

Thanks

I have tried to set it up like this

View attachment 148539

Of course Thread ID 29 and the Document ID 29 are not the same.
I want to enforce reading the Document ID 29 but when I do this the User is still blocked. Is this, because Documents is an AddOn?
Is there a way to make this work?

Thanks
This addon is to force reading thread. Its not important what you write in note field. Its just a field to let you display more text. Its important what number you select in thread id field.
So, if you select 29, the THREAD with id of 29 will be the target. Nothing else. Document, Media, Resource, Article, Item, and any other thing is different contents than thread and will not be forced by the codes that are to force reading thread. :)

Found a way around it :-)

Is there a way to reset the Users so that everyone needs to read things again after I made changes?

Found a way around it :)

Is there a way to reset the Users so that everyone needs to read things again after I made changes?
You mean for example you force to read thread 1. I come and read it. After a while you edit thread 1. And now I should again be forced to read it? No unfortunately. (i dont mean its not possible. Anything is possible. But sometimes features need lots of new works)

But if you mean anything else, explain it more please.

Hi @Dadparvar can you add criteria for registered member with 0 post, i want my new member after registration forced to read forum rules or something else, thanks.

Hi @Dadparvar can you add criteria for registered member with 0 post, i want my new member after registration forced to read forum rules or something else, thanks.
There are a couple of works on the table that I'm working on them when I find free time. When they be finished, I'll spend some time on this add-on and a few other. I'll check your suggestion as well (to help me not forget it, you may want to submit it in its dedicated forum in xen-pro)

Does not seem to be working for me. I installed the addon and set it up for all user groups including admin but when I log in nothing happens. Tested under a registered user group - no result.
Any ideas what could be the problem?

Does not seem to be working for me. I installed the addon and set it up for all user groups including admin but when I log in nothing happens. Tested under a registered user group - no result.
Well, no idea. Its weird that nothing is working for you. No one so far had similar problem.

Check and see if you get any error in acp or console?
(am going. Can check your reply tomorrow. The more info you provide, the faster we will find problems in your site)

Checked your site.
It was working fine and no problem found.

How do we view the "enforcement note" after we test it? I clicked the thread, and now I cannot see the enforcement message -- is a cookie set? A database entry? Once the note has been triggered and confirmed, we can no longer view the note to see how our changes look.

How do we view the "enforcement note" after we test it? I clicked the thread, and now I cannot see the enforcement message -- is a cookie set? A database entry? Once the note has been triggered and confirmed, we can no longer view the note to see how our changes look.
If you want to re-enforce user ls who once enforced and saw the note, to see the newly updated note even though they once saw the enforced thread, you need to clear to force another thread for 1 sec and then again force that old thread.
Each time you clear the forced thread id field, or change it to another id, and save the option, it clears everythin related in database.

Hope this helped.

I'm sorry I don't understand.

Do you mean change the thread to force to nothing. Save? And then re-add the thread id?
Right. 2 ways:
  • Clear the thread id field and then save. and then re-enter the id and save it.
  • OR, change the thread id field to another id. save. then enter the old id and again save.
that 1 time change is to clear related info from db (which sets which users saw the forced id)

Thank you for fast reply. Also does the NOTE field allow BBCODE? Like size=5? Any way to style the note? It is kinda small for a notice.

Weird.
I installed it on my test forum, added the usergroups and the ID.
Logged in as a testmember but nothing happened

Top Bottom