[HA] Read Thread Enforcement

[HA] Read Thread Enforcement 1.0.0

No permission to download

Dadparvar

Dadparvar submitted a new resource:

[HA] Read Thread Enforcement - Easily force users to to read a thread

Hi,

With this add-on you can force members and/or guests to read a thread before they be able to read others posts or threads.

Features:
  • UserGroup Selector
  • Unlimited Thread Forcing (1 thread each force)
  • Guest Force Support
  • Note Supports HTML
In order to force another thread after forcing a thread, you just need to change the thread id in options and save it.

Hope to be useful and you enjoy this add-on. If you like this add-on, don't forget to support it by your...

Read more about this resource...

Interesting. So if I didn't want to disrupt any search indexing, would I have to exclude unconfirmed/guest from the enforcement? That's the only thing I can see that might cause an issue - google would not be able to index any content if that was ever set for any enforcement, wouldn't it?

It appears that this is only settable for one instance, correct? I'm thinking of a situation where I might want to force usergroup A to look at thread B, but usergroup E to look at thread F (but not necessarily thread B). I'm guessing this would be much more complex

Also a "timeout" function would be nice, like a setting that keeps it "active" only during a certain time period

I see this as something that I could still use even in a one-off instance under special circumstances. Could come in very handy! thanks for developing it!

It appears that this is only settable for one instance, correct? I'm thinking of a situation where I might want to force usergroup A to look at thread B, but usergroup E to look at thread F (but not necessarily thread B). I'm guessing this would be much more complex

Also a "timeout" function would be nice, like a setting that keeps it "active" only during a certain time period
these are good features, but not small! they need lots of coding (and re-writting some parts of existing codes too) which in result would need spending time. and its not my priority for free add-ons these days

No and its not a good idea. (I remember when we had vbulletin we did so, and users were really being angry for that)

Yes, we are also using this with vB. Any announcement are not made be angry. Any way I am happy with my current add-on from another development. Have More advanced features including can bypass force user groups.

Have More advanced features including can bypass force user groups.
that add-on doesn't have group selector in option, so it added group permission, so that you be able to set a group to bypass the force. in my add-on, in option, you can set which groups are forced, so no need for a group permission to bypass it. if a groups should bypass the force, simply don't select it in group selector. (if you mean the one from banned developer. but if you are referring to another one, I don't know)

Not working for me for some reason, after setting it up nothing happens. Using latest Xenforo.

Edit

Discovered I had to put a . infront of the thread ID.

Does not work with Xenporta, i use this for latest posts on front page, but with this addon it just disables all threads with no mention to look at the forced thread.

Thanks for the addon though.

What would be nice is to be able to set a time limit of sorts... Like the thread has to be viewed for at least 30 seconds or a limit set at the discretion of the Administrator - so that the thread is not simply clicked and members are like, "I clicked it - didn't stay on the thread for 5 seconds and now get to surf the entire forum YAY!" So - perhaps adding a time limit functionality before a user can continue browsing the forum would at least thwart users from a click-and-run type thing :)

J.

What would be nice is to be able to set a time limit of sorts... Like the thread has to be viewed for at least 30 seconds or a limit set at the discretion of the Administrator - so that the thread is not simply clicked and members are like, "I clicked it - didn't stay on the thread for 5 seconds and now get to surf the entire forum YAY!" So - perhaps adding a time limit functionality before a user can continue browsing the forum would at least thwart users from a click-and-run type thing :)

J.
that was good idea. (y)

i may add it (MAY) but I'm not sure when. I do these things in my free time as my main job is my law firm ;) and these days all free times are for a few other works (that maybe you see in near future)

anyway, in order not to miss anything, you can submit suggestion here and paid requests privately here!

that was good idea. (y)

i may add it (MAY) but I'm not sure when. I do these things in my free time as my main job is my law firm ;) and these days all free times are for a few other works (that maybe you see in near future)

anyway, in order not to miss anything, you can submit suggestion here and paid requests privately here!
It seems a really good functionality addition and quite close to what we've been looking for. I'm not quite sure if it's perfect for our needs just yet. Will need to discuss it - but it sure is a nice share. If you could add the timer functionality - it definitely be closer to what we're looking for. At anyrate - Thanks so much for the share.

J.

Hey! I was looking for something like this a while ago, but the only available add-ons had issues. I have a suggestion if you'd be interested in adding it - an option to force a user to reply to a specific thread. I'm sure this would be very situational, but for me I run a guild website and sometimes I'm not convinced my members are reading certain important threads properly. If I install this as it is I'm sure they'll just click through, but if that option was removed until they actually posted a reply then they have no excuse!

Just an idea :)

Hey! I was looking for something like this a while ago, but the only available add-ons had issues. I have a suggestion if you'd be interested in adding it - an option to force a user to reply to a specific thread. I'm sure this would be very situational, but for me I run a guild website and sometimes I'm not convinced my members are reading certain important threads properly. If I install this as it is I'm sure they'll just click through, but if that option was removed until they actually posted a reply then they have no excuse!

Just an idea :)
Well, IMO, clicking and going is better than clicking and spamming and then going.
But anyway I'll see what I can do for next versions.

@Dadparvar - Thanks for the considering the functionality addition requests.

TBH - There was a very similar add-on created by Borbole. He actually sold his add-ons ((and I don't know if we can even mention them)) to *******. They have a paid add-on for $10 that has a nice set of features. See https://*******.com/resources/force-to-read-a-thread.230/ ... But honestly - if you were to make the functionality very similar to their add-ons - I'm sure the XF community would appreciate it, even if you decide to make the add-on a premium one! Especially considering both *******'s reputation and the lack of such a 'read thread enforcement' type add-on in the XFRM.

Anyway - much appreciation for the share and the kind consideration.

J

Nope... Not allowed to mention them unfortunately.
I think most of us XF addicts in the know ((LOL)) realize who I'm talking about though. :whistle:

J.

@Dadparvar - Thanks for the considering the functionality addition requests.

TBH - There was a very similar add-on created by Borbole. He actually sold his add-ons ((and I don't know if we can even mention them)) to *******. They have a paid add-on for $10 that has a nice set of features. See https://*******.com/resources/force-to-read-a-thread.230/ ... But honestly - if you were to make the functionality very similar to their add-ons - I'm sure the XF community would appreciate it, even if you decide to make the add-on a premium one! Especially considering both *******'s reputation and the lack of such a 'read thread enforcement' type add-on in the XFRM.

Anyway - much appreciation for the share and the kind consideration.

J
What that addon has that my addon doesn't? It just has a permission to bypass, and because my addon has group selector, it doesnt need it anymore.
Anything else?

Top Bottom