[HA] Download Loading Page

[HA] Download Loading Page 1.1.0

No permission to download

Dadparvar

Dadparvar submitted a new resource:

[HA] Download Loading Page - Display a page and timer before the user be able to download attachment

Hi,

With this add-on, you will have one more step in order to download an attachment. It means, when a user Click on an attachment to download it, it will open a new page, where there is a Counter on it and user should wait until the counter stops. Then Download button will be activated and they can download the attachment.

Features:

• An option to set the time user should wait (in second)
  • A template with 3 hooks (so that you...

Read more about this resource...

Why? Interested in the usage case in why you want to insert a purposeful delay when providing content to users?
Doesn't even appear to be usergroup permissions applicable so that you can display it to some and not to others?

Why? Interested in the usage case in why you want to insert a purposeful delay when providing content to users?
This add-on mainly needed when in a site with @DragonByte Tech 's Credit add-on was installed and the users are being charged when they download the attachment. So staffs decided to add a few step before the file be downloaded to explain a few things and if user wanted to download, then click on the download.

Also attachments of the site are with high value and they decided to add counter so that a person doesn't come and download tons of files in a few minutes. They wait a little to be able to download.

They also decided to show a few stuffs like ads when a user is downloading a file. So there are some hooks in the template too.

(for the usage, if you think a little on it, you will find tons of usage. and for the permission, staffs didn't see any need for that yet. if they see any need for usergroup permission, we will add it, and if not, I don't think I focus on it for now. Anyway requested features may be added as paid requests. As just a few minutes ago someone asked to add 3 fields in options page to let them write things on those fields to be displayed on those 3 hooks. and I think soon will be added)

and can this be made for resources ?
I like the functions u have made but as a guy said in your review.... it would be awesome if this can work in resource :)

and can this be made for resources ?
I like the functions u have made but as a guy said in your review.... it would be awesome if this can work in resource :)
Not sure about the XF1 version yet, but for the XF2 version, I may change it to work side wide, even on 3rd party add-ons that are using core's uploading system.

Great add on. I plan to set this up on my website. I would suggest you add a "thank you" page as well. So once a user clicks on the download button, the user can be redirected to this page ( i hope you get the drift!)

Great add on. I plan to set this up on my website. I would suggest you add a "thank you" page as well. So once a user clicks on the download button, the user can be redirected to this page ( i hope you get the drift!)
well, redirecting to THANK-YOU page after clicking the download button? Right now when you click the download it will go to download landing page and there you can simply add any content in 3 positions using add-on's options. Why do you want to add a new page instead of using one of them to write a thank you text?

I get your point. Let me try on my website. Another question - are you aware if it is allowed in Adsense policy to implement ads on "download loading" page?

I get your point. Let me try on my website. Another question - are you aware if it is allowed in Adsense policy to implement ads on "download loading" page?
Didn't check they policies. But I saw big sites using it in their download page.
@Siropu has an ads manager add-on. His info about ads related subjects may be more than me atm.

Hey Dadparvar,

I just implemented your add on to one of my website. Now the problem is i use global Ad templates to show ads above the content and below the content. In addition, I use template exclusions to remove ads from non content pages (as per adsense policy). I use the below conditional:

<xen:if is="!in_array({$contentTemplate}, array('attachments', 'message_page', 'error', 'search_form', 'search_form_post', 'search_form_profile_post', 'register_form', 'register_facebook', 'register_twitter', 'register_google', 'login', 'error_with_login', 'contact'))">

However, when I add 'attachments' to this (as shown above), the global ads are still showing on the download loading page. Am I doing something wrong here? Can you please help.

Thanks!

Top Bottom