• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
[HA] Download Loading Page

[HA] Download Loading Page 1.1.0

No permission to download

Dadparvar

Dadparvar submitted a new resource:

[HA] Download Loading Page - Display a page and timer before the user be able to download attachment

Hi,

With this add-on, you will have one more step in order to download an attachment. It means, when a user Click on an attachment to download it, it will open a new page, where there is a Counter on it and user should wait until the counter stops. Then Download button will be activated and they can download the attachment.

Features:

• An option to set the time user should wait (in second)
  • A template with 3 hooks (so that you...
Read more about this resource...

Mouth

Why? Interested in the usage case in why you want to insert a purposeful delay when providing content to users?
Doesn't even appear to be usergroup permissions applicable so that you can display it to some and not to others?

Dadparvar

Why? Interested in the usage case in why you want to insert a purposeful delay when providing content to users?
This add-on mainly needed when in a site with @DragonByte Tech 's Credit add-on was installed and the users are being charged when they download the attachment. So staffs decided to add a few step before the file be downloaded to explain a few things and if user wanted to download, then click on the download.

Also attachments of the site are with high value and they decided to add counter so that a person doesn't come and download tons of files in a few minutes. They wait a little to be able to download.

They also decided to show a few stuffs like ads when a user is downloading a file. So there are some hooks in the template too.

(for the usage, if you think a little on it, you will find tons of usage. and for the permission, staffs didn't see any need for that yet. if they see any need for usergroup permission, we will add it, and if not, I don't think I focus on it for now. Anyway requested features may be added as paid requests. As just a few minutes ago someone asked to add 3 fields in options page to let them write things on those fields to be displayed on those 3 hooks. and I think soon will be added)