As designed Guests can not upload files when permissions are set

Brett Peters

Setting permissions to allow guests to upload a file does not allow guests to upload a file.
This has not worked with every XF version I have downloaded including the current 1.1 Beta 2

There are certain things guests can't do (despite the permissions being available) such as vote on polls, award likes, etc.
This is due to a separate permission set which governs guests.

It may be that attachments are also part of this permission set; I'm just speculating as I've never tested it.

Indeed, we never let guests upload. You can suggest this if you want, but I'm really not sure what sort of changes would be needed to allow it. (The permission is simple enough to change at least, though it may interfere with some structures we've laid out -- not sure.)

Indeed, we never let guests upload. You can suggest this if you want, but I'm really not sure what sort of changes would be needed to allow it. (The permission is simple enough to change at least, though it may interfere with some structures we've laid out -- not sure.)

I think I understand what is going on now, Some settings for Unregistered / Unconfirmed are present but do nothing.

Do you expect that a future version of XF will not display permissions that do nothing for Unregistered / Unconfirmed ?

They do nothing for guests, but they still apply to people that have registered but have not confirmed their account yet. (Either they're awaiting manual approval or email confirmation.) So they're still relevant for that group.

They do nothing for guests, but they still apply to people that have registered but have not confirmed their account yet. (Either they're awaiting manual approval or email confirmation.) So they're still relevant for that group.

Then may I suggest renaming it from Unregistered / Unconfirmed to just Unconfirmed ?
Does this mean that setting the permissions actually work for Unconfirmed but not guests ? (I havnt tested)

Top Bottom