XF 2.2 Guests are not able to click links

Bonsai Coder

I have a link in a post that members and guests have permission to view. When members click the link, it works perfectly. When guests click the link, it sends them to a login page with the error message "You must be logged-in to do that."

Meanwhile I have the same link posted on a standalone page on the site, and it works for members and guests (as expected).

Am I missing a guest permission somewhere?

[EDIT] Ok... strangely I have "View Attachments to Posts" set to "no" for guests. This shows thumbnails instead of the full images, and when a guest clicks on a thumbnail they are sent to the login screen in order to login to see the full image. However this is ALSO blocking links from working - in other words when someone clicks on the thumbnail that has a link, I would like the link to work (versus sending someone to a login page).

Any ideas for a workaround? [/EDIT]

Last edited:
If guests don't have permission to view attachments and the attachment is wrapped in a URL then that is the current behaviour.

The URL will need to be decoupled from the attachment, or permission granted to the unregistered user group to view attachments.

Back
Top Bottom