Cannot reproduce  Guest Increasing

Eric J.

Every time I refresh the page it's saying I'm a new guest (I guess?) and just counting up how many guest are online. o.o

Weird, seems to have just randomly stopped. o.o

(Nvm :P)

Attachments

• guests.webp
    guests.webp
    2.6 KB · Views: 30
My board is behind a network logon so I know 100% for a fact I am the ONLY person browsing. When logged out it shows 1 guest.... If I refresh or browse around it still only shows 1 guest. In short, I can't reproduce this.

If you can reproduce this, can you dump the contents of the xf_session_activity table? The design of the table should prevent that...

I was logged in as Admin watching "Baby It's cold outside" thread. The forum is closed only for me.

grg.webp

ללא שם.webp

These are the only rows in this table.

That's a different issue Omri - there's a separate report about keeping the guest session after you login. The original report said that simply refreshing the page consistently increased the guest count.

Yes, I've found this as well.

I completed the import of my VB Forum, jumped over to the live site (i.e. from the Admin) and viewed a few threads and noticed 4 guests online. Paniced slightly as its on a no-ip.org domain, so is publically accessible, but no-one else knows the URL, opened up the who's online to see 4 guests reading threads that I've just viewed.

So leaving that page open, then opened a new tab, read a few more threads and low and behold a few more guests had appeared.

Interestingly, two of the guests always get updated with the same activity....

ahh. I've found the reason, they're facebook hits, this is taken from the apache log...

66.220.158.246 <vhost removed> - - [30/Dec/2010: 12:15:15 +0000] "GET /index.php?threads%2Fhello-boys-and-girls.380528%2F HTTP/1.1" 206 7198 "-" "facebookexternalhit/1.1 (+http://www.facebook.com/externalhit_uatext.php)"

The IP address varies for these, but they're being counted in the guests, which tbh, they shouldn't be.

guests_1.webp
6 Guests...
View attachment 8429Table Data....
guests_4.webp

Top Bottom