1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Guest after login

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Sleepwalker, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Sleepwalker

Sleepwalker Member

You are still visible as a guest after you have logged in.
    Difference is that the guest stops at "Viewing forum list 14 minutes ago" after you have logged in, and the logged in user keep updating.

2. Mokonzi

Mokonzi Member

I can confirm this.

3. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

I can also confirm this.

4. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

More information: any particular browser?

5. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

its totally independent of the browser. login to your xf then go to online members and you will find yourself still ghosting as a guest using your ip and all.

6. Decent60

Decent60 Well-Known Member

Not really a bug but rather how the system checks your status. If you reduce the time, it reduces the amount of "ghosts" on your site. Ideally, it should automatically upgrade it.

7. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

It has been that way for a long time.

We lengthened the timeout from 15 minutes to 30 minutes, and I believe the ghosts still go away after 15 minutes.
    In addition the Current Visitors still has a 15 minute timeout regardless (different, but possibly related issue).

8. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Wouldn't it be possible to delete the "ghost/guest session" at the login?

9. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yes it would, though this is really a very minor issue and as such it's not being given much priority at this point.

10. ragtek

ragtek Guest

ok
    ok:)

11. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Fixed now anyway.

The guest session does not need to be deleted - in actual fact the guest session becomes the registered user session. What needed to be cleared was the guest session activity record, which is held separately from the session itself in the XenForo system.

Dean likes this.
  12. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Confirmed working in RC2... awesome. :) The ghosts disappear right away.

(not easy to test on a live site, so thought I would post my results from my test site)