Graphic Design Forums

FreshFroot

Does anyone here know a few graphic design forums, where I could get some help with my logo design?

I hate to say it, but I usually don't have a hard time finding active forums for certain things.

Maybe someone here can point me to a few.

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't go to any one of these "graphics design forums" sites on the internet - they're actually rip-offs. In fact, most of them only do signatures, and if you ask for banner design - not only do they charge you, but they're asking for a hefty ammount for the work. I understand they cost money to design these banners, but these "graphics design forums" sites advertise free registration, and free handi-work by its members.

Finally, these sites have rules for how your signatures or banners are designed - one of my pet peeves about these "graphics design forums" is that YOU, the requester have to choose from the renders that is provided to you or choose one of your own. I don't like this, at all because the requester has to go around searching google for not just the color feeling, not just the render, but also the picture.

If you do not meet the requirements, they don't do it for you. Simple as that.

I wouldn't go to any one of these "graphics design forums" sites on the internet - they're actually rip-offs. In fact, most of them only do signatures, and if you ask for banner design - not only do they charge you, but they're asking for a hefty ammount for the work. I understand they cost money to design these banners, but these "graphics design forums" sites advertise free registration, and free handi-work by its members.

Finally, these sites have rules for how your signatures or banners are designed - one of my pet peeves about these "graphics design forums" is that YOU, the requester have to choose from the renders that is provided to you or choose one of your own. I don't like this, at all because the requester has to go around searching google for not just the color feeling, not just the render, but also the picture.

If you do not meet the requirements, they don't do it for you. Simple as that.

lol wow what graphic design forums have you been visiting with all these rules? some of those rules are justified though. Imagine if they didn't have the rules, and the designer created a banner for you and you didn't like it. Then he made 5 more changes and you still didn't like it. That takes time and it's not worth their time.

usually the only ones I have seen that do offer a free service is for signatures, and that is because they are pretty easy to do since most take pictures off the internet, and most violate copyrights since they use images without permissions.

the main reason that most don't offer anything else for free such as banners as described, is because they take more time to create than signatures. Unlike signatures, banners are used for advertising and generating revenue in some cases, so it's not as easy as just copying images from google images for example.

and last thing it takes time to create these things and time is money. Many people I work with or give a quote to for design work always have the impression that it just takes five minutes to put something together. Which is very possible but it wont be quality work.

one more thing to mention is that most graphic design communities I have seen are aimed to help you learn and create these things yourself. And I'm sure if you put up a nice request for a free banner, as long as you're not being too picky someone would pick up your request. :)

Imagine if they didn't have the rules, and the designer created a banner for you and you didn't like it. Then he made 5 more changes and you still didn't like it. That takes time and it's not worth their time.
This is why i rarely if ever offer up my talents. Free jobs are bad enough but the ones i actually got payed to do where the Worst and usually a $20.00 logo would turn out to be worth more like $100.00 to $200.00 in time and corrections

This is why i rarely if ever offer up my talents. Free jobs are bad enough but the ones i actually got payed to do where the Worst and usually a $20.00 logo would turn out to be worth more like $100.00 to $200.00 in time and corrections

That depends on how picky someone is... heck when someone makes me something. Usually it's pretty darn good.

Only this week someone made a logo, but it didn't meet any of the requirements I asked for eg. a simple background to match mines.

I just decided to make it myself. It turned out pretty good and has got me back into designing.

Just need to buy my new PC next week to get things really going.

Top Bottom