Got hit by a car today.

jonsidneyb

I was on a bicycle heading home form the post office. Car came out of a parking lot of a long closed down business and hit me in the left side. Only injury I got was my left knee. It bent out sideways a bit.

Watch carefully for what others do while on a bicycle.

Glad you came out with a minor injury verses anything worse.
Watch carefully for what others do while on a bicycle.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Some people take this for granted, a neighbor of mine died a couple of years ago when she got hit by as bus. Gotta be very careful these days, not safe riding bikes near streets these days.

I want to ride a bike to work but I'm afraid of getting injured or killed. I'd have to cross a busy highway which has a bike lane but it's still not safe. I know someone who was hit by a car and flipped over a cement barrier. No one helped!

Congratulations! Is this your first?

No, I'm not a complete ass, I like to make light of bad situations, hope you're okay..

Bicyclist break the most traffic laws in Honolulu.
Sorry you got smacked by a lazy eyed driver. Hope you sue him.

Yikes; glad you're OK! I always walk on campus instead of having a bike, in part because the bus drivers here are notoriously reckless. :cautious:

Congratulations! Is this your first?

No, I'm not a complete ass, I like to make light of bad situations, hope you're okay..

Teaches me to trust towns. :) particularly big ones with 20k people in them. :D I knew towns scared me for some reason.

Never been hit on a bicycle until today. Was once hit when on a motorcycle while I was setting at a red light not moving at all. The time I was hit on the motorcycle ended wrestling for me, was not competitive anymore due to lack of working out.

EEEks! That is horrible, one reason why I won't ride a bicycle, too many idiot drivers on the roads. Glad you are OK Jon.

My brother was once hit by a car, whilst cycling on a busy road, NO ONE stopped to help him.. it was just horrible, he was bleeding and knocked out for a while, luckily he wasn't seriously injured and eventually some nice man did stop and help him after about half an hour!

Teaches me to trust towns. :) particularly big ones with 20k people in them. :D I knew towns scared me for some reason.

Never been hit on a bicycle until today. Was once hit when on a motorcycle while I was setting at a red light not moving at all. The time I was hit on the motorcycle ended wrestling for me, was not competitive anymore due to lack of working out.
Get your knee checked out.

I got hit by a truck back in High School and had no issues back then, but last year my knee gave out due to lasting damage from the accident.

Poor man. I'm always on my bike, too, I don't even have a driver's license, but luckily I never had a major accident. All I had was my own stupidity and in winter an iced road once. So my bike has got some scratches on the handle bar, but nothing else worth mentioning. *knocking on wood*

Sad news.
Give up riding in a busy town,rather walk or use public transport.

We don't have much in the way of public transportation in my part of the world.

See that little town on the lower left hand corner, that was where I got hit, it is Ponca City. That is by far the largest town in the county. The other little towns are 500 people and smaller. Ponca City is scary, it has more than 20k people in it. It might sound silly to the people out here from cities but this area is a bit too crowded for my tastes. I would like to one day move someplace a little less crowded.

pnca.png

Top Bottom