1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 google_analytics isn't updating code when adding another?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by SEOmers, Feb 15, 2016.

1. SEOmers

SEOmers Active Member

I'm about to redesign by site so thought I'd put some heatmap type tracking on my site etc, before I make my mind up.

Anyway - I have used the code sometime ago by using this area of the site admin.php?templates/google_analytics.1082/edit&style_id=6 but now, if I add code to it, nothing is showing on the main site etc?

Is there anywhere else where analtyics is being pulled from? I don't have any add ons that will override it?

I've also removed GA from the google_analytics, cleaned cache etc but its like that file/section doesn't do anything?

Is there anywhere else this can be changed as I'm banging my head a bit -

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Tha GA ID is entered in the options in the ACP- > Options -> Statistics and Metrics

If it's not changing when you view the source then that could indicate a stale cache issue.

SEOmers likes this.
  3. SEOmers

SEOmers Active Member

I'll drop the cache again but I've done that a few times - So I can no longer add my own tracking code? As said, it works a year or two ago

I just need to jab it in the </head> to be honest

4. SEOmers

SEOmers Active Member

This appears to be the issue. Anyway to force a cache? I'm using /admin.php?tools/rebuild&success=1 and pretty much clicking all of them but still not change

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Your first post suggests you edited the template.

It likely isn't being updated with the new option value.

Try reverting the template.

6. SEOmers

SEOmers Active Member