1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Your Screen Names More Often

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DRE, Oct 20, 2012.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I was googling my screen name out of boredom and found out this site this chick invited me to a long time ago, changed my profile privacy settings and displayed the email I signed up with publically on my profile. I logged in and made it private again. I mean too late now but no wonder that email gets so much spam...
  2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

4 personal results. 86,500,000 other results.
  3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

You should've made more unique screen names then lol.
    Steve F and Russ like this.
  4. ENF

ENF Well-Known Member

Ha! 10,900,000 results. At least on the first five pages, nothing related to me. (didn't look past 5)

Email address I normally use, is an alias for my primary. So, I could just shut that off (the alias) if it were leaked or published publicly.
  5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Yeah... 3 or 4 letter screen names probably ain't a good idea.
  6. ENF

ENF Well-Known Member

It's a good idea if you want to stay somewhat anonymous. I prefer to keep this 'screen name' completely isolated from the sites I have ownership in.

Having just a random Joe Q. Public search my screen name, bothers me. :)
    8thos likes this.
  7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

this is true. i learned this after acquiring a certain amount of stalkers over time.

Sometimes I wonder what kind of aliases celebrities post under on other sites.
  8. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Adam Howard

Far to many results and none of them me :D