Google SERP

El Porcharo

Hello everyone,
I've been monitoring my Google search results for a while now, but I see that my community doesn't look to be properly indexed.

I keep seeing only not more than 9-10 results, and if I'm not mistaking, it's not every time the same results. The board is now been public for almost 1 year, I don't understand why Google is not showing all the other posts and tags (which I have quite a lot).

Automatic sitemap building and submission is configured correctly, does anyone know what this can be due to?

I see, but I don't understand how this can be possible...
Anyway, if I open the page in incognito window, I see it takes just a bit more than one second to load..

But except for the CSS loading, most of the rest is mainly all :poop: from Google... :cautious:

How can speed things up, then? 😞

I see, but I don't understand why.
Just tried on my phone, for me it's loading quite fast...

Have a look:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

But anyway, any suggestion on how to speed it up for GPSpeed? 😕

On your phone some elements of your forum are cached because you already browsed it, try with another phone.
Score form Google is calculated with a 3G connexion.

Mate, I use Chrome on PWA mode to browse my board, on my phone. That one is a Firefox Mobile incognito tab.
I've tested on my brother's cell, he's got nothing to do with our community, so his mobile browser has never opened that URL: same speed. 🤷‍♂️

I think Google is cheating... 🧐

If you look at the main site (HOME on the menu bar) GPS scores - which is WordPress - it's a lot worse than the community, but WP is fully indexed. We also got on first page with a bunch of posts and caught the very first result with a specific page, in around 10 months (more or less).

But again... does anyone know how can I speed up my XF installation?

Thanks @Anatoliy

you could get rid of embed-build.js

That's a video custom media embed that I use for the videos we make to show processes to our members.
But considering it's only used in some staff posts, I guess that's only needed in these pages where these videos are embedded, instead of everywhere. But how can I make it load only when needed?

Also, how can I get rid of the rest? (I'm quite noob on this kind of technical things)

if you are on VPS,

I'm on Serwer.io hosting service, running on Litespeed, and in my case is a shared server. Not sure if this is what you mean for VPS 😅

I wanted to, but the hosting support suggested not to. I'm not sure if they have their own CDN's or not, but don't think so.

PS: could you please edit the links to the board on that table? (just the second row)
Not linking or writing the domain directly to a XF post is the reason why I used the shortlink above, and also why I bought the XF Branding Removal 🙏

It honestly, really doesn't matter... xf is visible in the pathing anyways. 😅
Sorry ENF, I'm not sure I got your reply: what do you mean with "pathing"?

If you mean the page code, cookies etc, my niche (including competitors) it's not so techy for that. That's just a choice to leave competitors behind, at least until we're strong enough to ignore this kind of things. This is also why I don't use my real name and avatar here :P

Sorry ENF, I'm not sure I got your reply: what do you mean with "pathing"?

If you mean the page code, cookies etc, my niche (including competitors) it's not so techy for that. That's just a choice to leave competitors behind, at least until we're strong enough to ignore this kind of things. This is also why I don't use my real name and avatar here :p
I'm saying, when the site loads in the browser -- all of the source content pathing is visible, which identfies things like it being an XF-based site and that you're also using some components from Themehouse.... I'm just saying it's not worth the energy to hide what platform you are using. I'd be focused on the business instead of worrying about these kind things.

Pathing in the browser (anyone can see):
1651591218836.png

(PS: If you use any pre-built web platform, it's not hard to figure out what's running the site, not just specific to XF)

If you use any pre-built web platform, it's not hard to figure out what's running the site, not just specific to XF

Yep!
I know, but my niche doesn't have the skills to "discover" this kind of things, that's what I meant. ;)
Also, 90% of traffic is from mobile phone, from where it's impossible to see that (as far as I know). The only thing I see they can do is finding links to the board from other websites, since I see some of them are using Google to search the board name or URL to access (according to my analytics)...

seems like your domain have penalties :(

:eek: really? How did you see that?

your backlink profile and content is ok?

Content is ok, it's still a small community and posting is under moderation only, except for replies by users with a post count above 20.
Backlinks.... there shouldn't be any bad ones...
I have a diib.com subscription (which I think I'm not going to renew) and I can see all of it is from our WordPress, plus one from another domain that I redirected to the board subdomain (but it's quite not used).

1651594912731.webp

I don't know any other external source linking to it.

What else would you suggest?

Top Bottom