Google Page Rank Update : February 2012

TheBigK

It looks like Google's pushed a little page rank update in the last 2-3 days. The Good news is that after migrating our PR5 forum (which was on vB4+vBSEO) to Xenforo our PR dropped to '0' and then the latest update brings it back to 5 :D

Note that we had the redirects in place. So one thing is sure - if you setup redirects your PR will get carried over. (y)

I hope to get our site to PR 6 :) ( Won't mind free backlinks ) ;)

My personal site shadyx.com went up to PR3 even though there is no site on the domain and it has like 5 backlinks. I don't put too much thought into things like PR, I would rather improve my actual community than it's pagerank ;)

yes, from VB structure to XF friendly url but I have Kier redirect script in place.
The thing is the main forum url has stayed the same for years.

yes, from VB structure to XF friendly url but I have Kier redirect script in place.
The thing is the main forum url has stayed the same for years.
Okay, then that PR drop is temporary. Ours went down from 5 to 0 and is now back to 5.

We lost all our PR rank on our forums not long after the switch.

We are not getting a 0 rank, but a no rank. We were a PR of 4 on the forum homepage. So strange, its been unvailable for over a month. The URL structure to the forum home IS the same and the rest were 301d.

Odd.

We lost all our PR rank on our forums not long after the switch.

We are not getting a 0 rank, but a no rank. We were a PR of 4 on the forum homepage. So strange, its been unvailable for over a month. The URL structure to the forum home IS the same and the rest were 301d.

Odd.
PR does not matter anymore. It should be back with the next PR update provided you've setup the redirects correctly.

Top Bottom