"Google May 2020 Core Update" affecting your xF Forum?

Apparently a glitch

We saw a 16-17% increase in user sessions yesterday, over our average for the last couple weeks.

I'll be curious to know if that "negatively impacted search quality" glitch helped us, if something else did, or if it was temporary.

We saw a 16-17% increase in user sessions yesterday, over our average for the last couple weeks.

I'll be curious to know if that "negatively impacted search quality" glitch helped us, if something else did, or if it was temporary.
11% increase for us.

Basically the glitch was beneficial to us.

As of now, viewing cloudflare's uniques, we are about the same as we have been. Maybe a couple hundred to 1k more, if comparing to the weekend but it seems we are now doing better during the week with our SERPs than on the weekend (use to be vice versa). Hoping to see a positive change with this. I've also been making various changes on the site over the last couple of weeks to help with the core vitals and just saw a "flip" on Thursday from mostly all "bad urls" for desktop to nearly all "good". For mobile it flipped from mostly all bad to mostly needing improvement and seeing our good rising along with it. Hoping these small changes help our ranking averages. Been tracking the keywords through SEMrush and it's showing that we've improved on most of our keywords. The keywords I really track, nearly all were in top 3 before this change, now I have 3-4 in top 3 and the rest in the top 10...but as I mentioned, still pretty **** compared to the May update.

Can you breakdown what you did here? I think the XF community needs a detailed guide on the most beneficial ways to fix your onsite SEO.

Can you breakdown what you did here? I think the XF community needs a detailed guide on the most beneficial ways to fix your onsite SEO.
Honestly...I think there was stuff earlier in this thread that I took the recommendations with. Haven't fully implemented them all but got some more on my todo list. I did recently buy an addon to remove linking to member profiles for guests so google's crawl budget for my site is strictly for threads and not member profiles.

Google did another update on or around 2.5 hours ago. Results are rather positive.

They did an update Monday
Reverted later that day
Now another update was done

Anyone seen an increase for clicks and impressions since Yesterday/August 30?
I've seen double clicks and impression on my Forum.

I hope this will continue.

I only see increasing fake search bots (Robots).

Reactions: rdn

No new updates with Google on my end.

Discourse Forums also affected by the May update.

Reactions: rdn
That probably wasn't an update.

That was due to this issue which included Discourse:

Top Bottom