"Google May 2020 Core Update" affecting your xF Forum?

It seems that most members above think Google is downgrading fourms.
(But a couple of members think its a conspiracy theory)
Either way its bad news for forums
Thinking as bad news requires more work. Publishing a lot of interesting content and articles. It is necessary to present expert articles.

Install WordPress and a forum addon, migrate your forum into it and you will see that your values will increase again.
Our WordPress installations have kept their old values ... Maybe a bridge addon for Wordpress and Xenforo will help.

Install WordPress and a forum addon, migrate your forum into it and you will see that your values will increase again.
Our WordPress installations have kept their old values ... Maybe a bridge addon for Wordpress and Xenforo will help.

You may be right. However, there are open doors in wordpress. There are MySQL vulnerabilities. No security vulnerabilities in xenforo system. I put the security first

Nobody is denying the fact that Google favors other sites over forums. That is not the conspiracy theory. You are clearly manipulating how things were said and trying to put yourself in the victim role here.

The conspiracy theory is claiming it is because of political views or what not or because Google loves electro mobiles.

I don’t think it’s just Google. Don’t most people (who aren’t Jeremy Clarkson) and/or organisations think that saving the planet is a good thing?

Funny you mention that. There was just an article in the local paper today showing how Ozone was worse during the COVID crisis this year, than at any time last year even though there were significantly fewer vehicles on the road and planes in the air. Now they are blaming VOCs that are produced by photosynthesis!

Gotta love it.

Funny you mention that. There was just an article in the local paper today showing how Ozone was worse during the COVID crisis this year, than at any time last year even though there were significantly fewer vehicles on the road and planes in the air. Now they are blaming VOCs that are produced by photosynthesis!

Gotta love it.

What does that have to do with this Google update? You weren't mad Google built you and now you are mad you relied on them so much. Let it go, or buy a majority share in Alphabet and change the company how you'd like. That's how the system works.

You're basing that on loss of traffic to your 60 day old forum.

If you are right, explain why some forums are thriving and have become even busier since the last couple of updates.

Take your time... I'll wait.

What is everyone's thoughts on having the AMS article system as the homepage with forum on the side.

Trying to avoid using WordPress and a bridge, although that might be the way I have to go if the Google Gods prefer it.

For me, it's about sticking with one system, mostly for time/system management. Just easier to have 1 vs 2...

But if WP is where it needs to be, then WP is where it shall go! (with XF on the side, of course!)

As I have said yelling everywhere, wordpress is a system with mysql vulnerabilities. xenforo is a secure system. Is xenportal alternative useful instead of wordpress?
Security is my top priority. It is more important than Seo.

As I have said yelling everywhere, wordpress is a system with mysql vulnerabilities. xenforo is a secure system. Is xenportal alternative useful instead of wordpress?
WordPress is not inherently vulnerable as long as you
  • use autoupdate to get the latest WP upgrades
  • use the Companion Update plugin to keep your plugins and themes up to date
  • use the Wordfence plugin to mitigate attempts to hack your installation
  • DO NOT use "admin" as your administrator login
  • DO use strong passwords for your admin accounts and your database
The problem with WordPress is that it is a very popular platform for websites and a lot of WordPress users are very sloppy about their passwords and keeping the software up to date. It's as easy as Xenforo to keep it up to date if you just use common sense.

I've been running Wordpress years and never once been hacked. Pay attention to updates and don't install every plugin under the sun. If you use CloudFlare $20 plan, their WAF and OWASP firewall protections pretty much handle the majority of attack avenues.

I use Wordfence on the sites and CSF and cPHulk on the server.

I also, as noted above, configure all WordPress sites to autoupdate Wordpress and use the Companion Update plugin to make sure everything else gets updated in a timely fashion.

I've never had a WordPress site hacked either.

I've lost 6 sites before. Of these, 3 wordpress 1 smf forum. 1 mybb forum. 1 toplist. Also vbulletin..
Remember hacking comes once in your life. After that, that site is dead.
My friends send open notifications to wordpress, mybb and other systems every day.

Could just be a short term issue. I have seen VB4 to XF2 ranks result in drop and then bounce back later.

Top Bottom