Google indexing, how long did it take them to kick in on your sitemap?

sross

I've been seeing this for about 4 days. So it might take a couple weeks I guess?

Screen Shot 2017-08-20 at 6.03.33 PM.webp

I've visited search console and all looks well. I'll try to be patient.

Thanks

How old is your site? How long have you been running XF on it?

I added a sitemap today for an old (read only) forum which has already been fairly well indexed, and it picked up pretty much straight away that there were over 50,000 pages already indexed.

1503233855943.webp

This domain has been operating for 15 years and the site has been running XF for just over 12 months.

It's a 15yr old site running xf for a couple years, however the domain name changed due to a merger. So technically the new domain has not really been active until the site re-launch.

When did the domain name change?

Are you redirecting the old URLs to the new ones?

I have a similar site which had operated for 11 years before being renamed due to a change in the company name and rebranding. I migrated to XenForo last year at the same time the domain changed.

I don't recall how long it took for the sitemap to have an impact - but I also spent a lot of time making sure all old URLs were being redirected (made more complicated due to using vBSEO on the old site with a custom URL structure).

Either way, traffic still hasn't recovered back to where it was previously - I'm considering engaging some experts to try and work out why Google isn't liking the new site as much as it did the old one.

Old urls are being redirected

Yeah I guess I just have to give it more time. I've heard "4 days to 4 weeks" but thought google could zip through it seeing I sent site maps to them etc.

Top Bottom