Implemented Google+ Identity

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Xenforo would be perfect to go with Google +, there's something that makes me feel good when I used both of them.

Plus Google + is rapidly approaching 20 million users, making it bigger than quite a few established (if diminishing) social networks already.

XenForos identity is closely tied to social media functionality.
I don't think so.
How do the identities interact with the social networks?
Does it show anything from the external site on the users profile?
Are you able to show your tweets on your xf profile?
Is xf creating tweets after you create an thread/post?
Does it show flickr fotos on your profile if you add a flickr identity?

Currently XF does not have too many external services tied into the forum, but it has been built with inspiration by social media. Mike and Kier obviously learned from social media features and added similar functionality. Now that a new major social media seems to appear this offers another opportunity to review G+ and add functionality that would fit nicely together with what XF already has.

Are you able to show your tweets on your xf profile?
Does it show flickr fotos on your profile if you add a flickr identity?

Those are actually rather good ideas, of course it should be something that could be set up by the admin and by the individual users but that would be something I'd definitely like to see on forums I use.

considering we still lack even the most basic twitter login, i reckon it will be a loooooooooooong time before we see anything like whats discussed above.

considering we still lack even the most basic twitter login, i reckon it will be a loooooooooooong time before we see anything like whats discussed above.
There are way more Google accounts (Which uses an OpenID fork) then there are Twitter accounts.

Top Bottom