1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Google+ Identity

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Forsaken, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

As people are actually adopting it pretty fast, will it be possible to get Google+ added to the default identities of XenForo?

2. DSF

DSF Well-Known Member

Ask yourself. What would you do?

3. Forsaken

Alright?

4. Steve10

Steve10 Well-Known Member

Xenforo would be perfect to go with Google +, there's something that makes me feel good when I used both of them.

Plus Google + is rapidly approaching 20 million users, making it bigger than quite a few established (if diminishing) social networks already.

soloarquitectura likes this.
  5. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

XenForos identity is closely tied to social media functionality. Picking up a range of features from G+ seems a natural next step to me. It would keep XF cutting edge social media.

6. ragtek

ragtek Guest

I don't think so.
    How do the identities interact with the social networks?
    Does it show anything from the external site on the users profile?
    Are you able to show your tweets on your xf profile?
    Is xf creating tweets after you create an thread/post?
    Does it show flickr fotos on your profile if you add a flickr identity?

dieketzer likes this.
  7. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Currently XF does not have too many external services tied into the forum, but it has been built with inspiration by social media. Mike and Kier obviously learned from social media features and added similar functionality. Now that a new major social media seems to appear this offers another opportunity to review G+ and add functionality that would fit nicely together with what XF already has.

Michael Dance likes this.
  8. Steve10

Steve10 Well-Known Member

Those are actually rather good ideas, of course it should be something that could be set up by the admin and by the individual users but that would be something I'd definitely like to see on forums I use.

9. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

considering we still lack even the most basic twitter login, i reckon it will be a loooooooooooong time before we see anything like whats discussed above.

10. Forsaken

There are way more Google accounts (Which uses an OpenID fork) then there are Twitter accounts.

11. Brentnauer

Brentnauer Well-Known Member

I would prefer "log in with Google" over anything else out there.

duydangle and glorify like this.
  12. Forsaken

Completely different suggestion.

13. el canadiano

el canadiano Active Member

Having Custom Profile Fields in 1.1 should be able to solve this.

Apart from that, I do agree.

14. Forsaken

Not completely sure if profile fields would cover Identities as there is already a function existent for them.

15. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Identity services no longer exist in 1.1, they have been merged with custom profile fields.

Vincent and Forsaken like this.