Google Calendar for XenForo

Google Calendar for XenForo 1.0.2

No permission to download

RobinHood

RobinHood submitted a new resource:

Google Calendar for XenForo - Add a calendar to your forum that can be managed from Google Calendar

View attachment 248635

This plugin allows you to embed a calendar page on your forum that is linked and controlled by a Google Calendar.

Use the native Google Calendar interface to create events and mange events, but display them for whoever as the appropriate permissions on your forum.

It could be an admin only calendar, for sharing events with staff, or it could be a public calendar to share events that are wholly controlled by an admin or anyone in the organisation with...

Read more about this resource...

Added this as I have been thinking about moving a separate FullCalendar solution to Google, and this will let me display the 4000+ monthly events easier than what we do now.

I did modify the template so I use the day view, rather than the monthly view.

Yeah, I did contemplate adding some options for that, but figured it’s easier and more of flexible for anyone wanting to do that to edit the parameters in the templates directly.

I’ve also added day view in another install, and highly customised the layout and css, and labelling with font awesome. It’s a fantastic library.

Last edited:
Downloaded this yesterday and I really like the idea of having a google calendar integrated but some observations if I may;

1. Event titles don't wrap in the day entry so if it exceeds the width, the end is lost
2. On mobile, the calendar headings text and buttons overlap a little.
3. It would be fabulous if this could show Day, Week, Agenda views as well as the default Monthly. On mobile, Monthly is very hard to navigate.

No criticism intended, I really like the integration idea but thoughts on the above?

I might be able to fix 1 and 2 with a bit of css if you send me links, although I think the calendar should mainly be all CSS from the FullCalendar package itself in this release, at least in terms of layout.

3 should be possible by changing a few parameters in one of the templates. When I get a sec I’ll try to find out which template it is and link to the appropriate FullCalendar docs for reference.

3. It would be fabulous if this could show Day, Week, Agenda views as well as the default Monthly. On mobile, Monthly is very hard to navigate.

In the template shinyTech_google_calendar you can edit the calendar settings in the script tag.

For example for the header toolbar area, replace it with the following to add week, month and list tabs to the left side of the calendar menu

JavaScript:
            headerToolbar:
            {
                left: 'dayGridWeek,dayGridMonth,list',
                center: 'title',
                right: 'prevYear,prev,next,nextYear today'

//dayGridMonth,timeGridDay,list
            },

You can also change the default view using the initialView: attribute in the same template.

For reference here are the docs, which will have the various views you can play with:

1628613649868.png

Anyone done anything with integrating event creation and calendar subscription for community members?
This add-on is terrific for integrating G.Cal into XF, and I'm thinking if you want to allow community members to create events into G.Cal and subscribe to the G.Cal too?

I think the only way to allow members to add and edit events would be to have the calendar specifically shared with their email address from the settings page of the calendar on calendar.google.com

Anyone done anything with integrating event creation and calendar subscription for community members?
This add-on is terrific for integrating G.Cal into XF, and I'm thinking if you want to allow community members to create events into G.Cal and subscribe to the G.Cal too?

See the Calendar addon by @AndyB. Integrates a post about an event with the calendar display and uses Xenforo permissions settings to specify which usergroups can use the calendar system.

Yeah, if you want to allow a large number of people or specific user groups to create events you're better off using one of the other calendar add on that are tightly integrated to the XF member and thread system.

This is really meant for a small number of admins, organisational staff or trusted members to be able to control a Google calendar and just have a nice integrated way to present it within XF.

Thanks a lot for this add-on. I run an online community and it will help me make my forum more beautiful.

If you allow me, I have some questions.
Is it possible to change the display language? I mean "weak" "month" "list" "names of months" etc. If so, from where? There is no such choice in phrases.
Also, is it possible to not display time next to each entry?

Thanks again and I would appreciate an answer

Is it possible to change the display language? I mean "weak" "month" "list" "names of months" etc. If so, from where? There is no such choice in phrases.

It looks like there is locale/internationalisation options for FullCalendar, but I haven't implemented them in this version.

For it to work I need to include an extra locales-all.js file, and then specify the locale, but it seems to work! :

1631647014634.png

If you can follow the instructions in the docs you can probably get it working yourself. If not I'll try to make a new package and update this when I get some time.

Also, is it possible to not display time next to each entry?

You can probably hide the time with a bit of CSS. If you provide a link and screenshot I can take a look

RobinHood updated Google Calendar for XenForo with a new update entry:

Added international locales

You can now specify the language used by the FullCalendar library by editing the locale settings in the template called shinyTech_google_calendar

Enter the appropriate country shortcode.

View attachment 257291

More info here:

Test site with list of locales here:

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom