Google Adsense New Bots Reject Sites For 'Insufficient Content'

DRE

Alright I was trying to figure out why my site got rejected for insufficient content when after surfing the web, I discovered why. A google moderator said this in reply to someone else complaining about the same problem.

'If the vast majority of your pages do not have substantial conten then they shouldn't be there. The bots do not review every page, instead, they jump from page to page following navigation links. If they see many pages without content they will reject the site without ever seeing some or all of the pages that do have content.'

HARSH!!!!!

So now I have to make most of my forum PRIVATE and only put the threads that have enough links and at least three or four paragraphs worth of content public.

Why do lots of your pages not have content?

You shouldn't set adsense up on a new forum, it does more harm in the long run. You need to wait until you have an active/busy forum and then set up adsense.

Why do lots of your pages not have content?

You shouldn't set adsense up on a new forum, it does more harm in the long run. You need to wait until you have an active/busy forum and then set up adsense.
Going by Google's new standards, a forum, which is mostly user-generated content is full of pages without enough content.

The content they require is a thread that has several paragraphs and images that are embedded with alt="pic title" type b.s. Which isn't really possible in most forum software unless you use DarkImmortal's parsehtml bb code addon.

Not only that, google's bots now check for duplicate content to make sure people aren't just copying and pasting articles.

So that's another reason why you have to not make threads like that public.

And my new domain name is still too new. So I literally have to wait 6 months when before you could get accepted in the first month or so.

Build content, or use a blog or something and put your adsense there to start. As your forum grows add it there.

Google is fairly serious about it's operations...over the long term. They have had thousands of site abuse their services (scrapers, etc.)...

Chances are that if they say there is not enough content, then the $ that the account would bring in would not keep them or you happy. That's a guess, of course, and you'd have to check if there were any examples of good sites which they rejected this way.

So you have no adsense accounts? I only have the one and use the "channels" feature to manage multiple sites.

Yup - me too. I've also (just this week) migrated over to DfP as the primary ad-code with Adsense back-fill enabled. Hopefully, in the near future, I'll be able to get the first of my paying advertisers onboard. (y)

I don't see why you should wait to put ads on your forums though - if that's what you intend to do eventually, then go with it right off the bat and work on building your content; that way your members/guests will be used to the ads already and it won't be a "change" when you add them later (I'm guessing it'll give Google time to index and assess your content too to help with the advertiser mix?).

Cheers,
Shaun :D

8thos you've put all your content to private now? I think you are totally wrecking your SEO this way. Just leave it open so the spiders can do their work and worry about adsense later on?

I've had my site private several times before. I'm not that interested in SEO like I was before. The only difference now is that I'm only making one subforum public and the rest of the site private. I will be concentrating on that one public subforum's SEO and leave the rest of the site alone since it's private. This way I can pick and choose which threads to put in the public forum that have the amount of original content google wants. Even after I do that I won't be re-applying any time soon since my new domain is still brand new.

Top Bottom