• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.4 Google Adsense Issue

#1
I've gotten code and it looks like my adsense account is working fine, although the code I put in the sidebar template is not showing up. It's showing up as this:

Screen Shot 2015-04-16 at 11.36.19 PM.png

Instead of being an actual responsive ad. Any help?

Thanks!
 

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
#2
I'm not seeing any obvious error on your site, but it sounds like the ad code HTML/JS wasn't inserted properly.
 

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
#6
I couldn't see the problem so it's hard to make a specific comment. If nothing is showing, that would normally be related to Adsense not serving anything (perhaps because the site is still being approved). What you showed in the first post would imply incorrect code was added though. We'll need to see the error to give any comment though.
 
#7
I couldn't see the problem so it's hard to make a specific comment. If nothing is showing, that would normally be related to Adsense not serving anything (perhaps because the site is still being approved). What you showed in the first post would imply incorrect code was added though. We'll need to see the error to give any comment though.
It says that the site has been approved, and I think I need to add some code..? Still kind of confused because I tried putting in ad unit codes although they weren't showing up, so I'm guessing that I need to put in a general code for site confirmation..? But I'm confused of where I need to put that.
 

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
#9
Well, looking at your site, I can see the container for the ads and the iframe it's creating, so the code is presumably (roughly) correct. However, I'm not seeing an ad, but that may be something you'd need to contact Google about. That said, it may be because you're trying to insert a 728x90 ad into the sidebar -- you'll really need a different ad unit type there.
 
#10
Well, looking at your site, I can see the container for the ads and the iframe it's creating, so the code is presumably (roughly) correct. However, I'm not seeing an ad, but that may be something you'd need to contact Google about. That said, it may be because you're trying to insert a 728x90 ad into the sidebar -- you'll really need a different ad unit type there.
Okay thanks.