Google Ads

ineedhelp

I'm thinking of using Google Ads on my forum, Google AdSense.

Can you recommend which add-on to use for adding ad codes to the forum.

For those who use Google Ads, how much roughly can you earn per month?

What happens if you click on the ads yourself?

Ads are all text based...
adsense_185665_adformat-text_728x90_en.png

How can I get normal banner ads with images using Google Ads?

Thanks.

This addon doesn't say how you can position adverts, it just gives a couple of options for inside post ad, outside post ad or in convo. I want them on the homepage as well and have control of where the ads go.

It places them at the last read post which is meant to be a much better position. I also have them on my homepage, etc which is why I combine it with Robbo's addon (but the positioning there isn't perfect).

Oh yeah, thanks. I've seen that, so do I just enter the ad code in each template individually?
Yes, just add the code Google provides below the relevant <xen:hook name="ad_XXX_XXX" /> in the template where you want them.

Also, do the ads generate enough to at least pay for hosting costs?
Depends.......how long is a piece of string? There are many factors that can affect how much you may or may not get from adsense.

What happens if you click on the ads yourself?
I hear that if you put some tape over your PC's camera, they can't see who's clicking and you make more cash ;)

JUST KIDDING,
Never. Not even once, nor your buddy who's just trying to help. Google is rather smart about click fraud.

They won't believe you and you will get banned. Seriously - just don't :)
My Google Ads account has ben approve, and in the email it also said 'Do not click on the ads even to test them' that's fair enough I won't.. But what if others are using my site in the same building so the IP would be the same as mine, I'm assuming that's how google knows who's clicking on their ads? :eek:

My Google Ads account has ben approve, and in the email it also said 'Do not click on the ads even to test them' that's fair enough I won't.. But what if others are using my site in the same building so the IP would be the same as mine, I'm assuming that's how google knows who's clicking on their ads? :eek:

Their detection is more advanced than that presumably, if 4 people from your building all click an ad in the same hour that could be very suspicious.

Yes, just add the code Google provides below the relevant <xen:hook name="ad_XXX_XXX" /> in the template where you want them.

Depends.......how long is a piece of string? There are many factors that can affect how much you may or may not get from adsense.
Has Google asked you to enter any Tax information? How much revenue do you need to generate before Tax info is required?

Top Bottom