Implemented Google Ads integration?

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
do you think that is possible to have an integration for the ads (header, footer and postbit)?

I would like to see easier AdSense integration. I have not even begun to add the ads because of the steps required. There are too many other items to get done, however, vB4 does have a very nice "add the Google AdSense ID" and set the type of ads - done. Maybe this could be in a future release. :)

I would like to see easier AdSense integration. I have not even begun to add the ads because of the steps required. There are too many other items to get done, however, vB4 does have a very nice "add the Google AdSense ID" and set the type of ads - done. Maybe this could be in a future release. :)
You just need to copy & paste your Adsense code into the various ad_xxxx templates, should only take a few seconds once you've built your ad on the Adsense site.

I understand the ease of doing it with templates, which is what we've done with our forums, but I suppose XF could have a separate admin for handling ads. But that would make it too much like VB.

Actually, adding ads are quite easy (once you get the hang of it).

1. Make your ads on Google. Figure out ahead of time where you want them placed.
  2. Once you have your code, open your XF ACP.
  3. Appearance -> Templates. Make sure you are doing this on the parent style or you'll have to do it for each style you have loaded.
  4. In the search box put "ad_".
    adsense1.webp
  5. Then all you have to do is open the template which corresponds to where you want the ad to reside.
    adsense.webp
  6. Save.
And you're done. I wish they had something a bit easier as well, but I believe there are already addons to manage these sorts of things and it's really not all that hard once you do it.

Thank you for your help and clear instructions. I was able to put up one banner ad. It isn't optimal but it's a start.

Top Bottom