XF 2.0 Google Ads Conversion Tracking

Chad

I have an add running 24/7 for my forums on Google Ads but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to track conversations, in this case being account registrations from ad clicks. I'm logged into my Ads account in the Tools > Conversions section. See attached.

Then I choose "install the tag yourself" option after that. See attached.

Where does this go for Xenforo registrations specifically? Should it be "page load" or "snippet" option?

Attachments

• 1.webp
    1.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    44 KB · Views: 16
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
So to be clear, you have an add running on adwords and want to track successful registrations from that add right?
You should put the trackingcode in the template "register_complete" at the bottom.
This template is called when some has registered.

Yes, I did but nothing is getting tracked despite new registrations. I get over 300+ visits a day from Google Ads, there's no way no one is not registering from there. I'm baffled.

I'm using this code in that template...

Code:
<!-- Global site tag (gtag.js) - Google Ads: 960486446 -->
<script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=AW-960486446"></script>
<script>
  window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || [];
  function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);}
  gtag('js', new Date());

gtag('config', 'AW-960486446');
</script>

You need to put the global site tag code between the head tags. This is the global code, it doesn't track anything.
Try to put it in the template PAGE_CONTAINER between the HEAD tags.

To tag a new registration, put the event snippet 'page load' in the register_complete template.
Example:
Code:
<!-- Event snippet for test conversion page -->
<script>
  gtag('event', 'conversion', {'send_to': 'AW-............../..................'});
</script>

That should work!

Thank you.

So in PAGE CONTAINER...

Code:
<!-- Global site tag (gtag.js) - Google Ads: 960486446 -->
<script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=AW-960486446"></script>
<script>
  window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || [];
  function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);}
  gtag('js', new Date());

gtag('config', 'AW-960486446');
</script>

and register complete...

Code:
<script>
  gtag('event', 'conversion', {'send_to': 'AW-960486446'});
</script>

Correct?

Yes, but the event snippet you posted seems incorrrect.
You can find the correct snippet in google adwords, same page where you got your global site tag. The 'send_to' part should be something like 'AW-960486446/..........'

Hi Guys I followed the steps mentioned above but Google says the tracking status as 'unverified'.

In PAGE_CONTAINER, I added 'Global Site Tag'

and in Register_Complete I added 'Event Snippet Code'.

Also I have 'Paid Registrations' by @AddonFlare Installed on my forum. Do I need to add the above codes in some other template page ?

To tag a new registration, put the event snippet 'page load' in the register_complete template.
Example:
Code:
<script>
  gtag('event', 'conversion', {'send_to': 'AW-............../..................'});
</script>

That should work!

Does it make a difference where to put the code in the register_complete template?

I put mine at the end after the last </div>

Top Bottom