Google +1 Getting Desperate ?

I'm too old for social networking. I think it's a waste of time. What pisses me off is that there's all these new services on the Internet that require you to use a social network to sign up. It's the only way to sign up. It isn't Twitter which I can use a dummy account to sign up with, but Facebook. Frankly I don't care what people I know in real life are up to. I was thrilled that I got my Spotify account before they enacted their Facebook only signup bull****. I'm a happy premium customer now. They won't mind losing $10 from me each month, but imagine that figure being quantified by men and women who fit my demographic. Now that is a pain in the ass. Easily thousands to a couple hundred thousand in profit lost each month.
It's not that hard to make a dummy account and just use that.

I agree that being forced into it is horribly annoying, but there are ways to circumvent it.

I'm too old for social networking. I think it's a waste of time. What pisses me off is that there's all these new services on the Internet that require you to use a social network to sign up. It's the only way to sign up. It isn't Twitter which I can use a dummy account to sign up with, but Facebook. Frankly I don't care what people I know in real life are up to. I was thrilled that I got my Spotify account before they enacted their Facebook only signup bull****. I'm a happy premium customer now. They won't mind losing $10 from me each month, but imagine that figure being quantified by men and women who fit my demographic. Now that is a pain in the ass. Easily thousands to a couple hundred thousand in profit lost each month.
Soundrop on spotify requires faceborg :(.

Soundrop? Sador, that's just too much effort to make a dummy everything. As Facebook's user base is slowly declining with lesser signups, I can't fathom why Spotify thought it would be a brilliant idea to force Facebook only registrations.

Soundrop? Sador, that's just too much effort to make a dummy everything. As Facebook's user base is slowly declining with lesser signups, I can't fathom why Spotify thought it would be a brilliant idea to force Facebook only registrations.
Soundrop is one of the third-party plugins, and it allows for a social collaborative playlist. I'm generally in the Trance channel, though I'm a bit bored because people only play mainstream overplayed tracks.

I'm also considering dropping my spotify and just streaming my music to myself because there is just too much missing music.

Right, that makes no sense. I just looked at my Spotify, I have Soundrop, but I'm not connected to Facebook or any other medium of social networking. I'm usually in the chillout, lounge or classic rock areas.

Tangent comment, but I keep reading your screen name as something else and keep wondering who would choose such a strange name as a screen name, then I read carefully and I see I jumped to conclusions.

Top Bottom