Google +1, do you use it, does it make an impact?

Do you use Google +1

• Yes, but it has little of NO impact and my site is NOT webmaster related

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Yes, but it has little of NO impact and my site is webmaster related

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Yes, it has a noticiable impact, but my site is webmaster related

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, it has a noticiable impact, my site is NOT webmaster related

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • No, I don't use it

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters

tenants

Hi, I'm wondering how many people actually use the +1 button on their forums

For webmaster forums, I think the +1 might have a significant impact, but for other forums I'm not sure how many people actually use this button / have a Google account / really care about the Google +1 Button.

I have a suspicion that the Google +1 button works for sites that are related to webmasters

I think I've used it a few times only, don't even bother anymore. To be honest I don't rate G+1, I don't think it's took off that well either since Google first introduced it as competition aimed against Facebook.

In Xenforo.... Twitter, Google + and Facebook Like are useless.

That's because the Share this page in Topics in the Wrong place, in bottom! In blogs, and other sites, the Share Bar is after the Post in a better position for people click.

I must say this way it's really rare see someone use the share bar.

The admin don't want it like that, we thinked something after the first post, like some blogs, when the visitor ends reading, if the share if in that place there is more change of the user share it! :D
<xen:if is="{$post.position} == 0">
This content will show after the first post
</xen:if>

Insert the template / content that controls the share, thus its right where you want it to be, after the first post.

<xen:if is="{$post.position} == 0">
This content will show after the first post
</xen:if>

Insert the template / content that controls the share, thus its right where you want it to be, after the first post.
We arelady have the ads after first post, somehow it bugs with some pcs, no ideia why, it looks to be like monitor size, it don't want to get aligned. Our programmer was buyed an manual in a Chinese Shop I Guess --'

I think I've used it a few times only, don't even bother anymore. To be honest I don't rate G+1, I don't think it's took off that well either since Google first introduced it as competition aimed against Facebook.

I think that's probably the case for most people.
Unless it's a webmasters related forum, I don't think google +1 makes that much of an impact

I'll be interested to see how many of the people say they use and it does have an impact, and how many of them own webmaster related forums

I had to disable all Twitter aspects, as it breaks https. Facebook doesn't, Twitter does... go figure! I've never tried +1 as my forum is still running an earlier version of XF.

I'm seriously thinking of dropping it for our niche.
3 people on the scoreboard, 2 are more than likely mine :eek:
Plus, pardon the pun, quite recently they're taking forever to complete their GET requests. The biggest impact can be seen on the portal.

Edit:
In fact after voting for number 1:
"* Yes, but it has little of NO impact and my site is NOT webmaster related"
I'm off to the ACP to get shot of it. (y)

In Xenforo.... Twitter, Google + and Facebook Like are useless.

That's because the Share this page in Topics in the Wrong place, in bottom! In blogs, and other sites, the Share Bar is after the Post in a better position for people click.

I must say this way it's really rare see someone use the share bar.

How about putting the share buttons on the side as in a sidebar? Does that make a difference? Has anyone tried the "sharethis.com" widget instead? More choices to share (email, digg, etc.) are better?

Yeah, I use "Share This" to send into Digg on Blog and Forum, finding Digg is the best of the lot by far for getting real incoming traffic. I rate it much higher than Twitter, Google + or Facebook.

Perhaps even worse than the Twitter button, I find that the Google +1 button will malfunction frequently and reset to zero. At times, some of the missing votes will magically reappear. Somehow Facebook's like button seems to be the only one that has functioned with some degree of consistency and even that has its issues.

Same with the Digg button, sometimes counts show up right away, then when going back later the count recorded is suddenly gone reset back to zero. That's on the MyBB forum I run of course and uses default Digg code.

I use all 3 of the social networking buttons in XenForo, but to be honest I find them all pretty useless really. I'm even sending feeds into Facebook and Twitter from Blog and Forum using TwitterFeed as well. Don't think I've had one member join because from those social networking sites.

I agree with what Andy said above, you might as well just disable the lot and speed your site up instead. Because they do no good, not that I've found anyhow. Has anyone had a person join their forum using the Facebook login button.

Top Bottom