GoodForNothing Forum Alias [Deleted]

Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes submitted a new resource:

GoodForNothing Forum Alias - Create alias for your forums!

This is add-on is in BETA stage so install with caution.

Introduction
Ever wanted to have the same forum under different sections? Well now you can! :D

With this add-on, you can create aliases for your forums and have them under different categories/sections but will shown the same statistics just like in digitalforums....

Read more about this resource...

Crash :(
And I can't delete the alias node.
Also deactivate the add-on don't work.
With deinstall the forum works, but I need this add-on! :-)

Fehlerinformation
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class name must be a valid object or a string -library/XenForo/Model/Node.php:521
Generiert durch: XXXXX, Vor einem Moment

Stapelverfolgung
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Benötigter Status
array(3) {
["url"] => string(34) "http://www.XXXXX/forum/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

This is the error, when I start the side.

Fatal error: Class name must be a valid object or a string in /var/www/virtual/XXXXX/htdocs/library/XenForo/Model/Node.php on line 521

Last edited:
I'm using GoodForNothing Forum Alias 1.0.0 Beta 2 and XF 1.4.1, and I can't delete any of the alias'. The progress bar in the top right just cycles forever with no error.

@electrogypsy what is your PHP version? and when do you get the forever progress cycle? clicking the delete button from the node list or clicking the confirm button of the overlay? And if possible, can you look into the javascript console for any error?

@electrogypsy what is your PHP version? and when do you get the forever progress cycle? clicking the delete button from the node list or clicking the confirm button of the overlay? And if possible, can you look into the javascript console for any error?

i'm using 5.5.17, and it happens when clicking the red x. i'll have to get back to you on the javascript console error.

it happens when clicking the red x
I tested this on multiple versions of XF on multiple versions of PHP but didn't get this error maybe a dispute with another add-on... I am looking into this and maybe even rewrite it from scratch :)
Can you tell me if you have installed any add-on related to nodes and stuff?

the only other node related plugin i've installed is waindigo's library plugin, which wasn't working for me either (404 error on viewing posts, details are in the discussion thread). i'm not 100% sure i had both of these installed at the same time. i'll check it out and get back to you.

Just an info: the infinite loop might occur when the ajax call doesn't return a templateHtml object... And with the library add-on, did it work without any error before installing this add-on?

okay, so after waiting a few weeks, i never got a response from waindigo on the things that were broken on his plugin. so, i've given up on it and uninstalled it. after re-installing the forum alias plugin just now, it worked on the first try, so i assume there was some kind of conflict.

but everything is working now, so thank you for the great plugin!

oops, i forgot that the error was when trying to remove the alias. upon trying to remove the forum alias, it's still broken. here's the output from console:

Code:
Attempted to call XenForo.OverlayLoader.show() for admin.php?nodes/events-gatherings-festivals.219/delete before overlay is created xenforo.js?_v=ea85fd9b:287
OverlayLoader for admin.php?nodes/events-gatherings-festivals.219/delete xenforo.js?_v=ea85fd9b:285
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'ownerDocument' of undefined jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2

Last edited:
after testing a little bit, i guess the only thing i would suggest is perhaps making it so the threads in forum alias nodes don't show up in the latest posts of a forum/subforum/category of it's parent...

i mean, sure, it makes sense, but if i have the same alias node inside each of my forum sections, when one person makes a post in the forum being 'aliased', it shows up as the latest post in ALL the forums the alias appears in. (if that makes sense).

i mean, sure, it makes sense, but if i have the same alias node inside each of my forum sections, when one person makes a post in the forum being 'aliased', it shows up as the latest post in ALL the forums the alias appears in. (if that makes sense).
Makes sense... I'll have to look deeper with XF's nodes system...

oops, i forgot that the error was when trying to remove the alias. upon trying to remove the forum alias, it's still broken. here's the output from console:
hmm... what browser are you using?

Top Bottom