1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GoodForNothing Forum Alias [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by Mr. Goodie2Shoes, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes Well-Known Member

Mr. Goodie2Shoes submitted a new resource:

GoodForNothing Forum Alias - Create alias for your forums!

Read more about this resource...
    Mirovinger likes this.
  2. Sentenza

Sentenza Member

Crash :(
    And I can't delete the alias node.
    Also deactivate the add-on don't work.
    With deinstall the forum works, but I need this add-on! :)

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class name must be a valid object or a string -library/XenForo/Model/Node.php:521
    Generiert durch: XXXXX, Vor einem Moment

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
    #1 {main}

Benötigter Status
    array(3) {
    ["url"] => string(34) "http://www.XXXXX/forum/"
    ["_GET"] => array(0) {
    ["_POST"] => array(0) {

This is the error, when I start the side.

Fatal error: Class name must be a valid object or a string in /var/www/virtual/XXXXX/htdocs/library/XenForo/Model/Node.php on line 521
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  3. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

@Sentenza when and where do you get the error?
  4. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

5. electrogypsy

electrogypsy Active Member

I'm using GoodForNothing Forum Alias 1.0.0 Beta 2 and XF 1.4.1, and I can't delete any of the alias'. The progress bar in the top right just cycles forever with no error.
  6. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

@electrogypsy what is your PHP version? and when do you get the forever progress cycle? clicking the delete button from the node list or clicking the confirm button of the overlay? And if possible, can you look into the javascript console for any error?
  7. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

I'll wait and see how this develops before installing. Great mod.
    Mr. Goodie2Shoes likes this.
  8. electrogypsy

i'm using 5.5.17, and it happens when clicking the red x. i'll have to get back to you on the javascript console error.
  9. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

I tested this on multiple versions of XF on multiple versions of PHP but didn't get this error maybe a dispute with another add-on... I am looking into this and maybe even rewrite it from scratch :)
    Can you tell me if you have installed any add-on related to nodes and stuff?
  10. electrogypsy

the only other node related plugin i've installed is waindigo's library plugin, which wasn't working for me either (404 error on viewing posts, details are in the discussion thread). i'm not 100% sure i had both of these installed at the same time. i'll check it out and get back to you.
  11. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Just an info: the infinite loop might occur when the ajax call doesn't return a templateHtml object... And with the library add-on, did it work without any error before installing this add-on?
  12. electrogypsy

okay, so after waiting a few weeks, i never got a response from waindigo on the things that were broken on his plugin. so, i've given up on it and uninstalled it. after re-installing the forum alias plugin just now, it worked on the first try, so i assume there was some kind of conflict.

but everything is working now, so thank you for the great plugin!

oops, i forgot that the error was when trying to remove the alias. upon trying to remove the forum alias, it's still broken. here's the output from console:

Attempted to call XenForo.OverlayLoader.show() for admin.php?nodes/events-gatherings-festivals.219/delete before overlay is created xenforo.js?_v=ea85fd9b:287
    OverlayLoader for admin.php?nodes/events-gatherings-festivals.219/delete xenforo.js?_v=ea85fd9b:285
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'ownerDocument' of undefined jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  13. electrogypsy

after testing a little bit, i guess the only thing i would suggest is perhaps making it so the threads in forum alias nodes don't show up in the latest posts of a forum/subforum/category of it's parent...

i mean, sure, it makes sense, but if i have the same alias node inside each of my forum sections, when one person makes a post in the forum being 'aliased', it shows up as the latest post in ALL the forums the alias appears in. (if that makes sense).
  14. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Makes sense... I'll have to look deeper with XF's nodes system...

hmm... what browser are you using?
  15. electrogypsy

Chrome Version 38.0.2125.104 m
  16. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

I'll do a little digging.
  17. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

This is conflicting with @Jon W Last Post Avatar along with @Genesis framework.. Tried both.. As soon as you disable forum alias, it works again.
  18. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

okay, I am currently in the middle of rewriting the whole thing and got stuck on something weird. I'll be giving this some time once I am done with my midterm. :)
    electrogypsy and Sentenza like this.
  19. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

This resource has been removed and is no longer available for download.