Good Xenforo shared host? HostGator, GoDaddy, Bluehost...

Which shared hosting do you recommend for Xenforo?

• HostGator

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • GoDaddy

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • BlueHost

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • DreamHost

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 26 78.8%

• Total voters
We're pretty happy with Bluehost at KH-Flare.

I take that back. KH-Flare got deactivated for now due to excessive MySQL usage, and the idiots didn't bother to notify us and give us a few days to rectify the problem. This isn't the first time this has happened, either. We previously got shut down for being way over our table size limits, and just like this time, they failed to notify us and give us time to rectify it.

Even after that first time, I was happy overall with them, but not anymore. The above problems aren't the only problems. Bluehost always performs server maintenance during the day when we're using the site and about a week or so ago, our MySQL kept either crashing or restarting.

@Mike Edge, do you host vBulletin forums? We're currently on a shared server with Bluehost.

Thank you very much for all the replies :)

@MagnusB , @Kim , @Tracy Perry, have you noticed any changes to how fast your Hostgator hosting is running lately and/or any decline in customer support? I'm asking since I was going to go with Hostgator and their Business Plan, but became a little unsure after I read that people complained that the hosting had gotten slower and with worse support after Hostgator was acquired by Endurance International Group.

I haven't noticed any speed downturn at all recently.

Thanks once again for the replies and help :)

I sent an email to Hostgator, Godaddy, Bluehost and Dreamhost. Bluehost had the fastest reply, Dreamhost and Godaddy replied a day later and I'm still waiting for Hostgator. My reply from Godaddy said that for Xenforo I would be required to have world writeable permissions for Linux or Full Trust for Windows accounts. This wasn't available on their shared hosting and only on their Virtual Private Server or Dedicated Server.

Do you have any experience with running Xenforo on Bluehost, Dreamhost or Hostgator shared host? @Kim , @MagnusB , @Tracy Perry , at Hostgator did you use/used their shared hosting?

Do you have any experience with running Xenforo on Bluehost, Dreamhost or Hostgator shared host? @Kim , @MagnusB , @Tracy Perry , at Hostgator did you use/used their shared hosting?
I ran one site on HostGator for a short time. As I said, I needed (actually wanted) GeoIP and you could not get it with their shared hosting so I went to a VPS. No real complaints - but I had few users at that time.

I have been with them for over a year, and the only issued I had with them was that they moved my site to a new server without letting me know prior to them starting. Other than that, I have been pretty happy with them.

Top Bottom