Good Shared Hosting for XenForo?

fccardiff

Hey, I was just wondering which hosts you guys use for XenForo.

Previously, I used a Namecheap shared plan that was $4 or so a month. It worked, however, I wasn't able to use certain add-ons (such as the Minecraft Server Status add-on), since it wasn't able to ping the Minecraft server at all due to Namecheap not allowing it [and all ports were opened, etc.] and it took about 20-40 seconds to simply post a message.

I'm starting a new gaming community, and I expect to have 50-150 total users online (including Guests). I also plan to use the Minecraft Server Status addon. Will shared hosting work? If so, which companies do you recommend? I'd really like my users to be able to post messages in 3-4 seconds.

Thanks!

You should check us out when we launch tomorrow :D We will be offering both xenForo optimized hosting solutions along with very affordable Minecraft/Tekkit solutions too. Many servers have issues running MC related add-ons on their host so I decided it was time to open a company to offer it both under one roof. Also any game related site that doesn't also host their game with us, simply would need to tell us your server IP and MC Query port and we will add it to the fire wall. Anyway, if you'd like more details and pricing, shoot me a PM.

I'm hosting my XenForo forum on Rat Hosting Solutions's 79p shared hosting plan.
It's very fast and it's very fluid. But that's just XenForo! Brilliant software it is. :)
I'm the owner of Rat Hosting and I'm also cPanel Certified. Maybe I can help?

Ahh, ok fair enough. Personally though I wouldn't use being cPanel Certified as a selling point as you only passed the base level exam. "The cPBC::Tech Base Exam is the first step in cPanel & WHM Cerfication and designed to test your basic cPanel & WHM and Linux skills, ranging from services to system commands." All the high level tests are on site only and watched closely by an instructor to assure your not googling the answers https://university.cpanel.net/technical-certification.php Not meaning to come off as an ass here, just some advice as I'd see it. Honestly if you claimed that on places like WHT.. you'd be shark bait :confused:

I know. I cannot fly to the states though whenever I please.
I can safely say though that I am a competent server administrator.
I'm also employed at my local college as head of computer services.

Anyway it's customer service that's my selling point. :)
I throw in being cPanel Certified just because I can.
It may only be the base test but it's still certified.
I would attempt the other tests if I possibly could.
Just cPanel don't have a depot over here in the UK.

I like the user reviews are from you, for your other sites trying to appear as a client :rolleyes:

"My site was setup within 1 hour which was much quicker than I expected."​
Zachary - Web Hosting Forum

"Nice friendly and efficient service. Price is fantastic value too."​
Quiver - RatDirectory.com
I noticed that too. Always seems to happen when you post asking peoples' opinions on hosts. I ended up going with HostGator's Baby Plan. It's not much, but it's perfect for my forum's current needs.

I noticed that too. Always seems to happen when you post asking peoples' opinions on hosts. I ended up going with HostGator's Baby Plan. It's not much, but it's perfect for my forum's current needs.

Good place to start. Cheap and service is decent enough to get your forum off it's feet. Only thing I don't like on HG is all the restrictions once you have a larger site. But if we were as big as them, we would prolly be required to those sort of limits too. Good luck with your new community.

I like the user reviews are from you, for your other sites trying to appear as a client :rolleyes:

These were default testimonials that came with the template. LOL! :p
I must have forgot to change them, silly me. Oh well, good luck with HG. :)
The testimonial by Kristian is genuine though. I will replace the others now.

Well, apart from the fact I look like a complete idiot now, sorry! :o
If I can help anyone with their hosting let me know for a free trial. :)

Happy Christmas everyone. :D

lmfao.. thats too funny.

i'm looking for good shared hosting again. basically need a host with near "unlimited" Inode limit. 250,000 to 500,000 or more range. 1gb to 2gb database max allowed. "unlimited" disk space.. being that our forum is basically image gallery.. hosting 30 images per post as attachments or 30 images from image hosting bbcodes. I usually post 4 to 7 posts per thread, with 30 images each. So I need something that meets my needs. I'm currently with Geek Plan with http://certifiedhosting.com/unlimited-web-hosting/ and it seems aight, but too many database or unexpected errors and they're not applying mysql edits/fixes to remove those errors.. since i'm "shared hosting" they said. >_<. They said they could refund me, which will be like 85.92 for year... So I need something like that, for year and meet the needs.. is there any shared hosts able to do that?

Saw this while we were exchanging PMs, so PM'd you in regards to this too.

Mike you're awesome!! :) :D From the time of this reply of yours, you've moved all my stuff to your host from my old crappy host... offering the same basic things I needed, without headaches and without errors and issues like I had with previous host! Loving your hosting man, and instant amazing service! I recommend shared hosting with Mike once he launches his hosting beginning of Jan! :) :D ;)

Mike you're awesome!! :) :D From the time of this reply of yours, you've moved all my stuff to your host from my old crappy host... offering the same basic things I needed, without headaches and without errors and issues like I had with previous host! Loving your hosting man, and instant amazing service! I recommend shared hosting with Mike once he launches his hosting beginning of Jan! :) :D ;)

Thanks for the very nice words.

Reactions: vVv
you're welcome, and thanks for the very nice hosting.. :) i'm just happy and glad to be away from that crappy previous host too. ugh, that was so frustrating.. :(

Yeap, their server was really slow. Trust me, it was frustrating for me too, transfering your account with their cPanel continuing to time out mid transfer.

Yeap, their server was really slow. Trust me, it was frustrating for me too, transfering your account with their cPanel continuing to time out mid transfer.

Yeah, and their crappy services.. :( Just glad to be gone from them.. Lol! :ROFLMAO: Like I told them in rant before in support ticket, I had better hosting from some random kid years ago that I didn't even know, and he was hosting me from his bedroom. Lmfao!

Top Bottom