Good Shared Hosting for XenForo?

I have recently switched three accounts over to RatHosting and I am quite pleased. The best low cost shared hosting that I have used to date.
How busy are those forums and how many MySQL connections are allowed? I've been getting occasional "Too many connections" errors with my shared hosting even though I'm still beta testing my forum (only 100 members), so I need to find a provider who can cope.

Thanks!

How busy are those forums and how many MySQL connections are allowed? I've been getting occasional "Too many connections" errors with my shared hosting even though I'm still beta testing my forum (only 100 members), so I need to find a provider who can cope.

Thanks!
Hi there, I can't answer your question regarding how busy my clients forums are.
Though he may be able to answer that for you should he still read this thread. ;)
But our limits are 25 max concurrent connections. The number 25 may sound low.
But a forum with 500 active members will rarely reach this limit, so you'll be fine.
HostGator, and other hosts, deploy the same limits for max MySQL connections. ;)

Thanks!

Please also consider xFhost.net We are the largest shared hosting provider that specializes in xenForo hosting. You'll never get the too many connections error with us! Some of our larger boards we host via our shared servers include http://www.tafreehmella.com/ http://www.turbobuick.com http://www.gotitans.com

We also don't overload our servers with cheap hosting accounts or unlimited reseller plans that would require 100's of accounts just to break even on server costs. Feel free to search here too on xF for many great reviews and recommendations regarding us.

Good place to start. Cheap and service is decent enough to get your forum off it's feet. Only thing I don't like on HG is all the restrictions once you have a larger site. But if we were as big as them, we would prolly be required to those sort of limits too. Good luck with your new community.
Their limits are why I went to a VPS after a few months - and I don't have hardly ANY users. I just wanted to use some stuff that required VPS/dedi, and they wanted WAY more than I wanted to pay for my small site. I also was intrigued by setting up a VPS.

But our limits are 25 max concurrent connections. The number 25 may sound low.
But a forum with 500 active members will rarely reach this limit, so you'll be fine.
We have 20 connections at the moment and we've reached the limit twice already with only 100 users (all active as they were specially invited). There are nearly 5,000 people on the waiting list so you can understand my concern.

Now looking at VPS - any recommended providers?

We have 20 connections at the moment and we've reached the limit twice already with only 100 users (all active as they were specially invited). There are nearly 5,000 people on the waiting list so you can understand my concern.

I'm having good luck with RamNode, but the biggest they offer is a 4 gig memory VPS. Linode gets rave reviews - and their prices have become competitive.

Bigscoots.com
is a company that i wholeheartedly recommend.
They are well-reviewed on Webhostingtalk and I enjoy the customer service they've given me as a client.
And they definitely work with you if you are looking for a custom plan for VPS or Hybrid VPS.

They also offer quality shared as well.

Nimbus hosting - www.nimbushosting.co.uk - for Xenforo hosting they are superb. We moved our site ( MobiTog.com) last year and have not looked back.

AND they provide great customer service which gives us confidence and peace of mind.

Not the least expensive option initially, but you get what you pay for with Nimbus and it's worth every penny in my book and works out great value for money in the long run!

XFHost.net

While their site isn't exactly pretty looking.... The service is good and solid.

We're using over 130 add-ons, 4 styles with over 100 template edits, and 130,000 post. And we're doing just fine :)

Top Bottom