Implemented Good Guests vs Bad Guests

DigNap15

Hello
Xenforo uses the word Guest for two entirely different reasons.
It is very confusing, especially for new members
Eg there are the Guests that are viewing your website as in Members Online (good Guests)
And there are members that have left (or been deleted) that have their posts showing with a Title of Guest.

Imho, one of these Guests, needs renaming. (preferably the deleted ones)
What do you think?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
You have some options.

1. Edit a phrase:
Language
English (US)
Title
guests_online

2. When you delete a user, name the account what you want
Rename this user to: xxxxxxxx
If you choose to rename this user, the username on all of their content will be changed which can be used to anonymize their content to comply with the user's erasure rights under GDPR rules. The user's original name may still appear in quoted content.

3. Change the user title for Unregistered / Unconfirmed from guest to what you want.

Last edited:
Hello Chris
I am sorry to appear a nuisance
But somehow you and BeerForor are not understanding what I mean.
Sure Unregistered members are Guests, and I am happy with that wording
But if a member is deleted then their post show as a plain Alpha avatar with the Title of Guest
See the thread below.
To me they are not a Guest!
They are an ex-member, they either asked to leave or I deleted them for mis conduct etc
They may have hundreds of comments on my forum.
How can I edit those titles from Guest to Ex-Member? Or maybe you could look at changing it in the next upgrade?

How can I edit those titles from Guest to Ex-Member?
They are understanding you. Their instructions tell you how you can do just that.
screenshot-D33N4z.png

For additional clarity, content from deleted members belongs to the 'Unregistered' group. Short of having guest posting enabled, I don't believe changing the title for this group should affect the term 'Guest' in other places on your site.

Last edited:
We do understand you.
But if a member is deleted then their post show as a plain Alpha avatar with the Title of Guest
They are understanding you. Their instructions tell you how you can do just that.
View attachment 220851

For additional clarity, content from deleted members belongs to the 'Unregistered' group. Short of having guest posting enabled, I don't believe changing the title for this group should affect the term 'Guest' in other places on your site.
Correct, it should not have any other impact. Unconfirmed members are never put into this group they just use the permissions.

1. Go to the group Unregistered / Unconfirmed
2. Change "Use the following user title" from Guest to Ex-Member
3. Save

What will happen?
Guest (deleted) posts will show as Ex-Member
Done.

Top Bottom