Good Examples of Resource Manager Usage

arn

The resource manager makes a lot of sense on a site like this, with add-ons etc....

Can people post examples of how it's used on a more traditional community site? I'd like to see some examples where users are actually using the feature.

thanks
arn

I've used it as both an assignment submission system and a way to house PDFs for assigned readings. I don't have it publicly accessible/used atm to link it.

I use it as a platform for logs in exercise/nutrition. People update their routines couple of times/week and discuss their progress. At your site I would say making a resource for recommended software/apps (free or paid/whatever is doable). You can also use it as a tutorial resource for Mac/iPhone

My site uses the Resource manager for a couple of things. The first is for user created add ons for a game (CitiesXL) and also an article system for users to post journal updates for their cities they have created. We will be expanding on the Resource manager when Cities: Skylines is released and we add a whole other section just for that piece of Software so that our community will be able to develop add ons for that game as well.

On another level the Resource Manager is great for organizing subjects. Take a look at xlnation.net if you wish.

Top Bottom