Godaddy Auctions Issue

Mike Edge

Anyone else ever have issues with Godaddy auctions?

I purchased a domain tonight that I won via Buy it now. Paid for it.. etc. Received the letter from Pay that I won.. congrads.. yada yada yada..

So 3 hours pass, not in my account yet so I call. The support rep tells me. Yes looks good, all completed and went though, is processing but can take up to 5 business days. So I said ok, thanks wasn't aware of that.

So about 5-6 hours after the call I get 2 e-mails. a refund to my paypal and a letter from Godaddy that the order been canceled and my payment refunded due to the domain owner deciding not to sell the domain and with drawing it from the auction...

Wondered if this had happened to anyone before. I mean Maybe if I had bid $100.00 and no one else did, but I paid a lot and used the buy it now function which is the amount the domain owner selects. So I think it's pretty unfair on Godaddy's part to allow this sort of thing. Domain is now relisted at 3 times the buy it now I payed as the min reserve with a 10 times buy it now.

karma. Atleast you got your refund. If only all businesses that preach about their refund policy enacted on it...

That's kinda messed up. Sounds like to me the domain owner realized after you went straight for the Buy it Now that he/she could have gotten way more money for it. I hate people like that. If you list if for a certain Buy it Now price and someone pays that amount for it the right thing to do is sell it not change your mind and re-list it for a higher amount.

Something similar happened to me once when .co domains went live on GoDaddy. There was some sort of "sunrise" time where trademark owners could purchase .co domains by presenting trademark certification. There was a deadline though. After the deadline, anyone could buy any available .co domain name for like $250. I picked lan.co because, well, I loved that domain and had great ideas for it.

Finally the deadline approached and the domain was still active on my pending list of domain names and it was available when you searched for it. Like a week after the deadline was met, scumbag airline LAN.COM grabbed it from me. I got a refund telling me the domain name couldn't be registered and well... now lan.co is registered to LAN Airlines and they doesn't even use it. Damn.

Yeah this was a really good eq next domain I was willing to spend on as I sold my share on a very successful eq2 forum a whike back and was going to recreate it with eq next. So I saw the 500 bin as a good deal

That's kinda messed up. Sounds like to me the domain owner realized after you went straight for the Buy it Now that he/she could have gotten way more money for it. I hate people like that. If you list if for a certain Buy it Now price and someone pays that amount for it the right thing to do is sell it not change your mind and re-list it for a higher amount.
Yeah i had it on back order watch so as soon as I was notified it was a auction I went fast in fear of someone else snagging it. Yeah I guess buying it within a few hours of listing triggered it was worth a lot more. So now I emailed him and told him if it don't sell I'll give you have 25% of my other offer lol

Yeah i had it on back order watch so as soon as I was notified it was a auction I went fast in fear of someone else snagging it. Yeah I guess buying it within a few hours of listing triggered it was worth a lot more. So now I emailed him and told him if it don't sell I'll give you have 25% of my other offer lol

Yeah it probably did trigger that it could be worth more. If he/she doesn't sell it this time maybe they will sell to you for cheaper than what they originally asked for your inconvenience.

Top Bottom