Giphy Integration [Deleted]

Hi,
I have a little question. I have xf on a instance of amazon and i have to save the resources pretty much. So my question is this plugins how much resource use? like bandwidth and disk space.
Thanks.

Hi,
I have a little question. I have xf on a instance of amazon and i have to save the resources pretty much. So my question is this plugins how much resource use? like bandwidth and disk space.
Thanks.

The disk space footprint for the plugin is < 200kb I will check later but 99% sure it's under 100kb it's only one JS script, and image and some templates

As for bandwidth that's hard to say, it will be loaded each time a thread is loaded and then there is the bandwidth cost everytime someone uses it to search for a gif as it will need to make the REST call to giphy and return a Json list of images

The disk space footprint for the plugin is < 200kb I will check later but 99% sure it's under 100kb it's only one JS script, and image and some templates

As for bandwidth that's hard to say, it will be loaded each time a thread is loaded and then there is the bandwidth cost everytime someone uses it to search for a gif as it will need to make the REST call to giphy and return a Json list of images
I understand. So in theory the only cost of bandwidth would be the response of the API, right?

I understand. So in theory the only cost of bandwidth would be the response of the API, right?
Theoretically yes, it's minimal impact but of course you have the bandwidth cost of the script being loaded inline when people load the page, though if you use a cdn and cacheing that will be even further minimized

Theoretically yes, it's minimal impact but of course you have the bandwidth cost of the script being loaded inline when people load the page, though if you use a cdn and cacheing that will be even further minimized
I got it. Thanks for all.

I forgot something.
This dependecy it's currently unmaintained. Did you thinking change it for this?
What will happen with xf 2.0 ?
That is only required if you use tinyMCE it is not required if you use the standard inbuilt redactor editor.

I will be rebuilding this for xenforo 2 but unlikely for anything but the in built editor.

Apologies for the delay in replying I have been traveling for work

That is only required if you use tinyMCE it is not required if you use the standard inbuilt redactor editor.

I will be rebuilding this for xenforo 2 but unlikely for anything but the in built editor.

Apologies for the delay in replying I have been traveling for work
Don't worry. Thanks

Hi im buy this source where is button of giphy in editor? is necessary implement manual in style? thanks so much for response.

Edit: images route is solution and correct theme style, well how to change word SEARCH?
@Dannymh help Please.
0HtP3nl.png

Last edited:
Hi im buy this source where is button of giphy in editor? is necessary implement manual in style? thanks so much for response.

Edit: images route is solution and correct theme style, well how to change word SEARCH?
@Dannymh help Please.
0HtP3nl.png
The word search is changed under the settings Admin >> Options >> Silvertails Giphy Integration >> Default Search Term

The word search is changed under the settings Admin >> Options >> Silvertails Giphy Integration >> Default Search Term
Or you mean on the button itself?

That one is accidentally hardcoded in the template

template: dialog_bbm_giphy

Im have other problem, in responsive design the icon giphy nt show.
problems.webp

Im use this code in EXTRA.CSS

CSS:
html .redactor_toolbar li a.redactor_btn_stgiphy:before {
    background: none !important;
    content: "\f0e7";
}

@Dannymh any help?

Requested feature:

Please allow a different number of giphys depending on mobile or not.

For instance, I would like to be able to show 5 or 10 options on desktop but maybe only 1 or 2 on a phone.

I noticed a few times a red X will appear on the post when using this add-on to insert a Giphy. However, when you go to edit the post, the Giphy actually shows up fine yet still shows up as red X in actual post. Any ideas how to sort this out?

Thanks,
Ray

Top Bottom