Add-on Gift User Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Goodie2Shoes

So, I've been asked to create an add-on to provide users with specific permission to purchase account upgrades for another user.

There will be a 'Gift' button besides the 'Purchase' button which when clicked, an overlay will open for them to select the user they want to purchase the upgrade for. Once the payment is done, the gifted user will be upgraded and an alert will be dispatched telling who gifted the account upgrade (maybe?).

Let me know if you are interested. Or if you any other feature in mind :)

I think something similar to reddit, where on each post there is a "Gift" or "Upgrade" button next to "Like" and "Reply", that allows you to gift a membership to the member who wrote that post. Also after someone does this, it could show a little icon on the post, reconigizing that they were gifted on that specific post.

I think something similar to reddit, where on each post there is a "Gift" or "Upgrade" button next to "Like" and "Reply", that allows you to gift a membership to the member who wrote that post. Also after someone does this, it could show a little icon on the post, reconigizing that they were gifted on that specific post.
This seems to be quite popular. Would be nice to show a badge or cons or something and you could gift a membership for a post anonymously.

I like the idea.

Sumo was commissioned by me for the addon. When he stopped his dev work, I had someone else pick it up and improve the code. We were planning to release it soon (was just talking about it at the beginning of the week). Be on the look out for it.

Definitely looking forward to this addon.

On vb 3.8 with a plugin, users could fill out the username of whoever they were gifting to and then purchase as normal.

The notification is a great idea, unless the buyer wants to be anonymous.

Provide a user option for this, most of my users like to upgrade others anonymously. Perhaps this is the same on other forums.
Can be done... can you tell me how and where the badge will be shown in a post? An example will help :)

Can be done... can you tell me how and where the badge will be shown in a post? An example will help :)

The badge, I am not sure about, something, small and discreet would be great. This is what they use for it: Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 10.37.46 AM.webp, but smaller.

I'd say it would be great next to "Like, Quote, Reply" on the bottom right of a post. Also agree it should be optional.

Looking for suggestion... how about adding a 'Gift' button in the user profile here instead of adding the gift button in the Account Upgrade page?
xf-cpature.webp

Looking for suggestion... how about adding a 'Gift' button in the user profile here instead of adding the gift button in the Account Upgrade page?
View attachment 87200

I think that's a good idea. So essentially you navigate to the profile and can gift it. Will you also be able to do it from each post, like I talked about before? I think this is a big feature! Someone has a really helpful post and can get gifted right there.

Finished testing the alpha version... no errors so far... let me know your thoughts :)

Note that the test upgrade expires after a month... after the first gift, the expiration date was Nov 25, after the second gift the date was extended to Dec 25.
AND
the second gift was anonymous.

P.S. If you want to test it on your own site to help me on the development, please PM me. :)

1.webp 2.webp 3.webp 4.webp 5.webp 6.webp

Last edited:
I think that's a good idea. So essentially you navigate to the profile and can gift it. Will you also be able to do it from each post, like I talked about before? I think this is a big feature! Someone has a really helpful post and can get gifted right there.
i think there needs to be options im not keen it being on the message layout in posts, can you make it an option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom