Getting the average score from a poll and displaying in thread list

Ingenious

Before I blow the dust off my collection of PHP books and order in some supplies of coffee, can those who have done some programs/add-ons with XenForo let me know if this idea is going to be feasible and easy to do.

What I want to do in a particular forum's list of threads - a review forum where each thread is a poll where people score the item 1-5 - is to display the average score of each of the polls after the thread's title.

So, I'd need to run some queries that check to see what the total score is, divide it by the number of votes, and turn this into a 5 star graphic.

This is already an in-built feature of IPB and vB although they have a separate thread rating for that rather than take it from a poll. Also vB does have the option to sort threads by rating which is actually very handy for a forum of product reviews!

Any suggestions or thoughts welcome, thanks :)

Bumping an old thread since I have the exact same request - we've implemented many 1-5 rating polls. I would like to show the numerical average for these poll votes as a "star rating" on the forum list next to each thread. If a "thread rating" add-on existed, I could write simple query to update the thread rating based on the poll results, but surprisingly this native feature of vBulletin hasn't even been implemented as an add-on for XF. Am I missing something?

Top Bottom