Getting Server Errors after Moving XenForo Directory

polkunus

Hello,

I recently switched from having XF in my server root IP/xenforo to one of my virtual web servers: IP/www.afterkraft.com/htdocs/afterboards .

Whenever I directly go to www.afterkraft.com/afterboards apache spits out an error:
Screen Shot 2011-10-20 at 2.12.39 PM.webp

I put an index.html file in the root directory of the website IP/www.afterkraft.com/htdocs/index.html and it seems to work fine.

I have already changed the board information at:

Screen Shot 2011-10-20 at 2.14.29 PM.webp

My .htaccess is written as:

# Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
# cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
# SecFilterEngine Off
# SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 500 default
post_max_size = 604M
upload_max_filesize = 604M
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On

# If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
# line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
# of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
#RewriteBase /xenforo

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^(data|js|styles|install) - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

Keep in mind that the website works completely fine through IP/www.afterkraft.com/htdocs/afterboards , but not www.afterkraft.com/afterboards
What's going on here? Is there anything I did wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

An internal server error is generic and can mean many things. Ideally the server log will have more information about the error.

Some things to try:

1) Remove your .htaccess file.

2) Check your file/folder permissions on the server.

3) Make sure PHP works by uploading a phpinfo file.

Thanks for the input guys!

An internal server error is generic and can mean many things. Ideally the server log will have more information about the error.

Some things to try:

1) Remove your .htaccess file.

2) Check your file/folder permissions on the server.

3) Make sure PHP works by uploading a phpinfo file.

Php works here: http://www.afterkraft.com/ (I understand its a bit dangerous I'll pull it down in a bit)

Removed .htaccess, samething

Changed all perms on the root folder of www.aftercraft.com to 777

If you can access ACP - have you checked XF's error logs?

Also check the Apache error_log file to see if there is any more info on the 500 error?

I can access ACP absolutely fine, just through "the long way":
Screen Shot 2011-10-20 at 2.51.03 PM.webp

The only thing the apache logs say are favicon errors

Since you can access the Admin CP, try disabling your addons, and run a file check:

Admin CP -> Tools -> File Health Check

I can't seem to find this button... Where is it exactly?
Screen Shot 2011-10-20 at 3.08.46 PM.webp

I'm able to access the entire site and all the features work perfectly fine. I'm just having trouble accessing it the way I'd like it to be accessed. Via www.afterkraft.com/afterboards. Going through my directories and manually connecting via web browser on [www/var(Basically my IP)]/www.afterkraft.com/htdocs/afterboards works totally fine. The apache virtual servers are set up absolutely fine, its just Xenforo is having trouble running under the "www.afterkraft.com/afterboards" URL for some reason

I'm really bummed out, I have no idea why this is happening.

I even tried adding a syslink from my var/www/xenforo (where it was originally hosted) to the /var/www/www.afterkraft.com/htdocs/xenforo and it STILL spat out the same message via www.afterkraft.com/xenforo

edit: Lastly if a (reputable/trustable) kind soul really wants to help... I can probably give him/her ftp/ssh access... I just really need this done and I've been searching for hours and I can't seem to find a solution..

Regarding the file check... what version of XenForo are you using? That feature was added in 1.0.3.

edit: Lastly if a (reputable/trustable) kind soul really wants to help... I can probably give him/her ftp/ssh access... I just really need this done and I've been searching for hours and I can't seem to find a solution..

I can take a look if you give me FTP and admin access.

Since you can access the Admin CP, try disabling your addons, and run a file check:

Admin CP -> Tools -> File Health Check

So I am having the same issue and I did what you said above. and this is what I received

Potential Problems

1. library/XenForo/ControllerHelper/ForumThreadPost.phpFile does not contain expected contents.
  2. library/XenForo/ControllerHelper/UserProfile.phpFile does not contain expected contents.

Any suggestions?

Upload the files again.

If it continues to happen, download the upgrade package, extract those two files and upload them once more.

If it still happens, use a different FTP program.

In some server configurations an excess of permissions can cause this error. Here are the typical file / folder permissions:

Folders = 755
Files = 644
"data" and "internal_data" = 777

I have took those steps already and still receiving this error. It is weird Forums have been running good for a while now. over a month. I just purchase liquid Pro Simple Forums and once I tried to install, Then I received this error. Not saying that is why I am receiving this I am just try'n not to rule it out. ?

Top Bottom