1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting error from sql

Discussion in 'General PHP and MySQL Discussions' started by Ian S, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Ian S

Ian S Active Member

hi im trying to put a full import of the vb db in my db but i keep getting the error attached, the file is 1.1gb of pictures in the sql ive tried through ssh and through phpmyadmin, and ive changed all the settings too

any help apprec, just wanted to leave the dev site alone and do it off line, can i point the attachments to my pc directory or does it have to be a server

thanx

Attached Files:

2. keith.arvixe

keith.arvixe Active Member

I'm not too sure but is it possible that there is a size limit on the size? The attached image says 'Row size to large" That is why I suggest that anyway you can compress the entire thing and try it that way?

3. Ian S

Ian S Active Member

this is what i thought but it failed in ssh too, ive extended all the settings to way over this size and it still failed so you recommend me zipping just the picture file keith??? thanx

4. keith.arvixe

I'm no expert I was trying to figure out a solution perhaps zipping it might work. I do know that zipping will decrease the file size and it's very possible that is why you are getting this error. However, I don't want to give you wrong information that will mess up your stuff either.

5. Ian S

Ian S Active Member

not worried about that mate ive got backups ill give it a try but im not hopeful sir

6. keith.arvixe

Anything is worth a shot :)

7. Jim Boy

Jim Boy Well-Known Member

Are you going to MySQL 5.6? Try increasing the innodb_log_file_size value.

8. Ian S

Ian S Active Member

yes 5.6 i extended it and still got a similiar error just cant seem to get it to import to another db:cry::cry::cry:

9. Jim Boy

Jim Boy Well-Known Member

how big did you extend it to, 256MB?

from MySQL

10. keith.arvixe

I was going to ask if you have any status updates for us with to how you fixed this if you had?

11. Ian S

Ian S Active Member

yes mate whatever i do i cant get anything to work it comes up with the same error:cry: