XF 2.1 Get the old style user ribbons?

Escobar

Hello,

i was curious if someone has the css for the this kind of style user style ribbon.

userrankribbons_demo_35ranks-png.31610

There used to be an addon for this for xenforo 1.x but in xenforo 2 the user style ribbons do not look anymore like this and i was curious if someone has the css for this one so i can add it back to my xenforo 2.x theme.

Anybody worked on this yet?
Most of those were actual images... so you should (if you can find/create an adequate image) somewhat duplicate the base CSS code in the current format... will probably take quite a bit of work though, as images don't tend to resize as easily/well with styles as CSS created ones do.

They weren't images - it was just CSS.

Download XF1 and look for the userBanner class to see how it's done.

They weren't images - it was just CSS.
I was looking at Shelly's resources... many of which dealt with actual images.

The 1.x "wrap" style banners are no longer the "default" CSS from what I could find.
It seems that the change of the userBanner class affected the wrapped banner format, turning into the current one we have.
I'm sure it can still be done... but I have to wonder at how much of the underlying code will have to be superceded.

Yeah, that was what I found as well. I'm still got the XF1 version of my site up so I was poking around at how it works.
If you are still on XF 1.x then Brogan has an excellent guide here.
The problem is converting it easily into the 2.x format as the banners changed drastically. It can be done.. but honestly, most probalby decided it was way to much problem to do so as it looks "old".

Top Bottom