Lack of interest Get more from Facebook: different og:description and og:image per thread.

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

jgas

Let say that you have a fan page, or that you want to share something from your xenforo board to facebook (or you let your users share your threads by a fb share button!)

If you try to do it, you will get something like this:
share1.webp

Look at the description: it's not very "facebook friendly", it doesn't communicate what you want.
Look at the image: even if you customize it, if you share a different thread from this board, the image will be always the same!

Don't you think that it's better something like this?
share2.webp

If you are preparing a simple html page, it's very simple to do it: you just need to write what you want inside the og:description and og:image tags on your <head> of your <html>.

What I suggest is: give the rights to admins (also to mod and users if you want) to customize these parametres!
It can be very simple: two input boxes inside the new thread/edit thread page!

Thank you for your attention.

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I have the same question - It there a way to change it? I don't want to buy a script to promote your Forum on Facebook... I want to promote my content :)

The image that is appearing on face book is logo.og.png. Create your own image, name it logo.og, in png format, and upload it to your server, overwriting the XenForo logo.og.png.

It sometimes takes a few days for it to appear.

And don't get too bent out of shape about the "support" here. We're all volunteers. :)

The image that is appearing on face book is logo.og.png. Create your own image, name it logo.og, in png format, and upload it to your server, overwriting the XenForo logo.og.png.

It sometimes takes a few days for it to appear.

And don't get too bent out of shape about the "support" here. We're all volunteers. :)

As my first message, i already changed my logo.og.png to my site logo. But you know it's not possible to chage logo.og.png for each shared threads.

Oh you want a different image for each thread to appear on FB? I don't think that's possible.
But perhaps someone else can shed some light.

I would like to add my support for this request. Our facebook pages are able to create thumbnails from our vBulletin forum but not from our Xenforo forum. The thumbnail is useful in making the post more visible and getting higher impressions. Please try to implement this feature.

vb-xen-fb.png

Hi

when Posting a post from your XF site to your FB account,
it will show the default picture or your avatar.

I suggest to also include in the picture the
pictures posted inside your post in xf,

that will in turn grab more attention from FB users to go to your xf site

Top Bottom