XF 2.1 Get avatar when not using finder

AndrewSimm

I have a query that I am doing some aggregation through and therefore not using finder. I would also like to retrieve the avatars of the users that are returned. The problem I have is when I loop through the variable in the template I am now in user order and not the order defined in the query. For example, below the data does not return in descending order. Is there a different way I should be doing this?

PHP:
        $db = \XF::db();
        $values = $db->fetchAllKeyed("
                                select
                                 xf_user.user_id
                                ,count(case when xf_reaction.reaction_score > 0 then 1 end) as positive_reactions
                                ,count(case when xf_reaction.reaction_score = 0 then 1 end) as neutral_reactions
                                ,count(case when xf_reaction.reaction_score < 0 then 1 end) as negative_reactions
                                from xf_reaction
                                inner join xf_reaction_content on xf_reaction.reaction_id = xf_reaction_content.reaction_id
                                inner join xf_user on xf_reaction_content.reaction_user_id = xf_user.user_id
                                where xf_reaction_content.content_user_id = ?
                                and xf_reaction_content.is_counted = 1
                                group by xf_user.user_id
                                order by positive_reactions desc
                                limit 50","user_id", $userId);

$users = \XF::em()->findByIds('XF:User', array_keys($values));

HTML:
                            <xf:foreach loop="$users" value="$user" key="$userId">
                                <tr class="dataList-row">
                                    <td class="dataList-cell">
                                        <div class="contentRow contentRow--alignMiddle">
                                            <div class="contentRow-figure">
                                                <xf:avatar user="$user" size="xs" />
                                            </div>
                                            <div class="contentRow-main">
                                                <a href="{{ link('members/', $user) }}">{$user.username}</a>
                                            </div>
                                        </div>
                                    </td>
                                        {$values.{$userId}.positive_reactions}
                                    </td>
                                        {$values.{$userId}.neutral_reactions}
                                    </td>
                                        {$values.{$userId}.negative_reactions}
                                    </td>
                                </tr>
                            </xf:foreach>

Use the sortByList() function of the array collection class to sort the collection that is returned by the entity manager.

Use the sortByList() function of the array collection class to sort the collection that is returned by the entity manager.

Thanks Lukas. I am still not having much luck. I guess I don't understand how "sortByList" works. How am I telling it to sorty by the column I used in the query. Looking at some of the other usages, it looks like they sort by "ids"; whereas, I am wanting to sort by "positive_reactions desc".

PHP:
$db = \XF::db();
$values = $db->fetchAllKeyed("
                        select
                         xf_user.user_id
                        ,count(case when xf_reaction.reaction_score > 0 then 1 end) as positive_reactions
                        ,count(case when xf_reaction.reaction_score = 0 then 1 end) as neutral_reactions
                        ,count(case when xf_reaction.reaction_score < 0 then 1 end) as negative_reactions
                        from xf_reaction
                        inner join xf_reaction_content on xf_reaction.reaction_id = xf_reaction_content.reaction_id
                        inner join xf_user on xf_reaction_content.reaction_user_id = xf_user.user_id
                        where xf_reaction_content.content_user_id = ?
                        and xf_reaction_content.is_counted = 1
                        group by xf_user.user_id
                        having count(case when xf_reaction.reaction_score < 0 then 1 end) > 0
                        order by positive_reactions desc
                        limit 50","user_id", $userId);

$users = \XF::em()->findByIds('XF:User', array_keys($values));
$users->sortByList($values);

You put your $values array into that method and it'll resort your array collection based on that.

Top Bottom