Lack of interest Get an alert / email when a new resource is added to the resource manager?

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Deepmartini

Is this possible? I would like to get an alert everytime a new item is added to the resource manager so I can keep track of things and be first to know if there is a good addon I can put in my community. Right now, I have to keep checking the site manually.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Wouldn't that just spam your inbox a lot? Perhaps if you're interested in a certain category then receive e-mails from that category but if it's every resource that inbox will be full way to easily.

Wouldn't that just spam your inbox a lot? Perhaps if you're interested in a certain category then receive e-mails from that category but if it's every resource that inbox will be full way to easily.
He means every NEW resource. Not resources that are just bumped because someone commented on it

Forum watches are not included in XenForo at this time. Maybe that is the reason why resource area watches are also not possible. You can watch each individual resource however.

This wouldn't work for the current structure of the RM.
I wouldn't want to be alerted for the Turkish translation of Xencarta.

Last edited by a moderator:
Than you wouldn't use it? I can see where this would be useful for certain instances.

I want it.
I've suggested this before.
But the RM needs tweaking to make it a reality.
I want it for new addons, not new translations, not for style releases, etc.

I bet that's what the OP wants too.
I doubt he wants an email when the Turkish translation of XenCarta gets released.

No, the suggestion and original poster is specifically asking for an alert when something new is added. You example relates to here and only here. On my site, if I want to be alerted any time some one posts an article, resource, etc. so I can check it out, I wouldn't want to watch every category. True, it can be accomplished utilizing a watched category, but this is separate and different.

Top Bottom