Get a new logo and feel good about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You. Did the CompleteGFX logo?

Can you do some research on marvel vs Capcom 3 and get back to me through PC? I need a good logo/header for my MVC3 Forum.

You. Did the CompleteGFX logo?

Can you do some research on marvel vs Capcom 3 and get back to me through PC? I need a good logo/header for my MVC3 Forum.
Carlos I have looked up some information on the topic and this should be pretty easy to make for you. I assume you want the characters added to the header. What I need from you is the max width (in pixels) you want your header and the phrases you want on the image. Tell me exactly what you want it to say and I can start working on it for you. I will update this post with a header image once it is complete. Right now I am off to bed but I will start on a concept in the morning. I expect it shouldn't take me more than an hour or two to develop something you will like.

Cheers,
Andrew

Count me in. I don't really have time to fiddle with designing a logo so if you could come up with something I can use to get the site started that would be good (it's an xF forum):

http://www.geekskickass.com/

I'm thinking about an idea around GEEKS being the big key part of the logo (with "Kick ass!" underneath as a smaller, less prominent tagline) and the two EE's being framed with a pair of nerdy looking glasses - you know, just for the fun of using the nerd stereotype (I know all geeks are really quite cool, but then, if you're a geek, you know that already too, right?). Maybe a slight convex bend to the EE's to simulate looking through the glass of the lenses? :)

Would you also be able to supply an EPS so I could scale it up for use on things like caps, T-shirts, etc.? Oh, and a blue colour scheme. Is that an okay design brief?

With regard to the charity - chose one that's close to your heart and easy for you to pass on the donation too. I do plenty for a number of UK charities already.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Wow the spamming of this forum reaches new heights ....

Bit harsh Jethro?

Are the skin/add-on developers spamming too then?

I just thought it was a reasonably enterprising idea that would save me some time, and since Andrew is heading off to join the armed forces it seems it'll be a temporary offering too.

Cheers,

Count me in. I don't really have time to fiddle with designing a logo so if you could come up with something I can use to get the site started that would be good (it's an xF forum):

http://www.geekskickass.com/

I'm thinking about an idea around GEEKS being the big key part of the logo (with "Kick ass!" underneath as a smaller, less prominent tagline) and the two EE's being framed with a pair of nerdy looking glasses - you know, just for the fun of using the nerd stereotype (I know all geeks are really quite cool, but then, if you're a geek, you know that already too, right?). Maybe a slight convex bend to the EE's to simulate looking through the glass of the lenses? :)

Would you also be able to supply an EPS so I could scale it up for use on things like caps, T-shirts, etc.? Oh, and a blue colour scheme. Is that an okay design brief?

With regard to the charity - chose one that's close to your heart and easy for you to pass on the donation too. I do plenty for a number of UK charities already.

Cheers,
Shaun,

I have started on a concept. Do you have a particularly geeky font type you would prefer? What color would you like your font to be? When I think of geeks and glasses, I think of the stereotypical tape in the middle holding them together. I have put together a rough draft. Please note that this is no where near finished. I just need more direction.
GeeksKickAss.webp

Personally I am not satisfied with the font choice of yet. In my mind I see the word Geek being well... Geeky. As "Kick Ass" should maybe be a tough or strong looking font? Let me know what you think. I can play with the fonts and the glasses some more. The glasses need highlights to bring out details so that is something I will improve upon.

Instead of putting watermarks on the image, I scaled it down from its original size (800x600 document). Let me know where you would like to go from here. Oh and the colors are just something i picked out real fast because they were better than plain black.

Andrew

Shaun,

I have started on a concept. Do you have a particularly geeky font type you would prefer? What color would you like your font to be? When I think of geeks and glasses, I think of the stereotypical tape in the middle holding them together. I have put together a rough draft. Please note that this is no where near finished. I just need more direction.
View attachment 10212

Personally I am not satisfied with the font choice of yet. In my mind I see the word Geek being well... Geeky. As "Kick Ass" should maybe be a tough or strong looking font? Let me know what you think. I can play with the fonts and the glasses some more. The glasses need highlights to bring out details so that is something I will improve upon.

Instead of putting watermarks on the image, I scaled it down from its original size (800x600 document). Let me know where you would like to go from here. Oh and the colors are just something i picked out real fast because they were better than plain black.

Andrew
use lower-case e's...might look more like eyes :D

use lower-case e's...might look more like eyes :D
Good idea. Took a quick lunch with a friend and now Im back on track. here is what I have so far.

GeeksKickAss.webp

Still needs some more work but I think its moving in the right direction. Let me know what your thoughts are so far. If this is not what you are looking for and you are not satisfied then please let me know so I can move onto the next project. However if you see potential in this logo then I will progress with it further. I await your upcoming response.

Good idea. Took a quick lunch with a friend and now Im back on track. here is what I have so far.

View attachment 10217
Still needs some more work but I think its moving in the right direction. Let me know what your thoughts are so far. If this is not what you are looking for and you are not satisfied then please let me know so I can move onto the next project. However if you see potential in this logo then I will progress with it further. I await your upcoming response.
I don't care for the font, that's the next thing I would look into improving...but definitely looks better with lower-case e's :D

Overall cool idea, though
cool.png

The second one is better. Bigger Geeks and smaller "Kick Ass" (and not in caps) - and the arms of the glasses more open, .i.e. some more space between them - maybe so you can see the ends of them through the lenses?

Definitely play around with the fonts - not really liking OCR for the Geeks, but yes ... let's go for it ... should be fun :)

I assume I can pay by PayPal when we're done?

Cheers,

Bit harsh Jethro?

Are the skin/add-on developers spamming too then?

I just thought it was a reasonably enterprising idea that would save me some time, and since Andrew is heading off to join the armed forces it seems it'll be a temporary offering too.

Cheers,

Not really, one of the reasons the IPS forums went downhill very quickly was due to the efforts of a number of spammers, quite a number of people mentioned to me that they were sick and tired of it. People tend to head out to the third party support sites that have tighter controls.

By all means drop things in sigs, but when you get five threads spamming various options on the front page of the chat forum then it gets boring. There are developer and skinning forums to post things in, and this sort of stuff should be kept in those forums. Note a couple of the spammers from IPB are about recently, if they get started that's about it for me posting here outside the tech forums. Quite frankly if I wanted to read spam I would hang out at a movie site and read it there rather then immediatly deleting it.

Hi Andrew,

I am not answering for Jethro, or indeed for anyone else, but I would like to say, that what is seen as "spam" by some people, are threads made entirely for commercial reasons, that is you are trying to sell something here... regardless of your motivation/lack of money or your offers of giving a % away or any other thing... the base line is you are trying to sell something. By definition that *is* spam.

This forum is not a place for selling anything, it is the Off Topic Chat forum of a cool new software product, and there are a lot of people who have spent a lot of time here trying to build community, and who don't necessarily want to come in here and find that the place is overrun with threads from people trying to sell something.

Contribute by all means, but don't try to sell in this forum... take it to the Resources discussion forum, take to to PM with anyone interested, market your site and discuss your special offers there.

Jethro is correct in that the IPS forums are a wasteland of boring crap 99% of the time, I had a mere 800 posts there in 8 years because it is so overrun with boring useless threads from every kid who thinks they can make a fortune by skinning or doing mods or whatever spamming the heck out of the forums... it is tedious in the extreme (not saying you are, just the concept of it and the reality on IPS forums). Whatever sense of fun and community there was at IPS has LONG gone due to it imho

I have long asked for a Style review forum for just this reason... it is the best place to ask for a style review, to get help on how to do something, or to ask for graphic reviews etc.

Chat should be protected and preserved if Xenforo would like this community here to thrive.

Just my 2 cents :)

Best of luck with your future.

Hi Andrew,

I am not answering for Jethro, or indeed for anyone else, but I would like to say, that what is seen as "spam" by some people, are threads made entirely for commercial reasons, that is you are trying to sell something here... regardless of your motivation/lack of money or your offers of giving a % away or any other thing... the base line is you are trying to sell something. By definition that *is* spam.

This forum is not a place for selling anything, it is the Off Topic Chat forum of a cool new software product, and there are a lot of people who have spent a lot of time here trying to build community, and who don't necessarily want to come in here and find that the place is overrun with threads from people trying to sell something.

Contribute by all means, but don't try to sell in this forum... take it to the Resources discussion forum, take to to PM with anyone interested, market your site and discuss your special offers there.

Jethro is correct in that the IPS forums are a wasteland of boring crap 99% of the time, I had a mere 800 posts there in 8 years because it is so overrun with boring useless threads from every kid who thinks they can make a fortune by skinning or doing mods or whatever spamming the heck out of the forums... it is tedious in the extreme (not saying you are, just the concept of it and the reality on IPS forums). Whatever sense of fun and community there was at IPS has LONG gone due to it imho

I have long asked for a Style review forum for just this reason... it is the best place to ask for a style review, to get help on how to do something, or to ask for graphic reviews etc.

Chat should be protected and preserved if Xenforo would like this community here to thrive.

Just my 2 cents :)

Best of luck with your future.

In that case I apologize for any misunderstandings. I only have good intentions and not bad ones. Seeing as how I strive not to be a nuisance I will end this thread. I have included the GKA psd for free and I will delete the top information.

Cheers,
Andrew

Edit: Oops uploaded the wrong file at first. Im a goof some times ;)

Attachments

Well, the term spam has various meanings. While both of you are right, with saying Andrew is trying to earn money, why he shouldn't do this?
Of course, this is the off-topic forum but who determines what is off-topic in an off-topic forum? Do you know what I mean? I think there can't be an off-topic thread within an off-topic forum, so it would be on-topic?? Confusing :D

Anyway, I think we shouldn't be to petty with things like that.
I like your idea, Andrew, and I would prefer a guy like you doing work. I like the social character.

Maybe it shouldn't be in the offtopic forum, but I don't see why this thread would be wrong.

Hm, a way to go might be to release some free logo files at the appropriate forum, with an extra 'if you want a personalized logo and support a good cause, then start a personal conversation', or something message in that topic.

Anyway, I don't feel he deserved the negative replies he got now. Maybe that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom